Thread: Windows Live Mail Desktop and USB Document Scanner -

Windows Live Mail Desktop and USB Document Scanner -

I want to buy a printer and scanner. My first need to print from my email account. I am using Windows Live Mail account. I tried my old printer but it does not properly print the mail. I have some documents which I want to scan and send and that will also include my signature. So either I can scan my signature and impose a crop file of that on the document or print the document and scan the same back. I need some model suggestions which can work best with the Windows Live Mail account. I am sure that all scanner might not work well with the same. I have multiple email accounts on them. I tried printing directly from there but the printer is not shows and later on I receive a XPS document on my screen. For the signature thing I just want to authenticate the reports and forms which are sent in mail. Which printer can be better for this. Thanks.

Re: Windows Live Mail Desktop and USB Document Scanner -

Most of the scanners have issue with the Windows Live Mail account. You can cannot directly import the files from the scanner in your system. You have to first save the scan documents on your desktop and then you can upload the same from there in your mail or album. I had tried the same with my HP scanner but it does not shows any help. It also takes a very long time to directly import the image on the account. That can be some issue with the printer configuration. Most of the time it works and it is recommended that a separate scanner for such works more efficiently. Also one thing you must check that what is the version of operating system you are using. Whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit operating system. That is also important to consider while configure the scanner drivers. Or else you can try to scan your all the documents first and keep them in a similar folder. Then import them directly on the mail account. For authentication you can secure those account by adobe's security features. It allows you to lock a document. By that any user, whoever will get the mail will not be able to edit the file. So the content of the file remains unchanged and it will also not be easy to manipulate. There are some dedicated photo sharing websites which offers you file sharing and the same then can also be integrated to Windows Mail. There are ample of printers and scanner you can choose from internet for your mail work. I will similarly advice not to directly import the scan documents in your mail account. That might not work.

One of the most recommended printer for your issue is Visioneer Xerox XDM1525D-WU Duplex Document Scanner. This scanner is recommended on Microsoft website. You can use this directly with your mail account. If your printer which you are using currently is configured on a server then you have to check the printer settings. The scanner is not recommended for bulky use. It is like old type of scanner where you have to insert a document at the top panel and it scans the same from below. There are screen scanner which are much more effective. The other best thing about this scanner is that it saves space and with an once button click you can scan your file instantly. The printer works on on high speed usb 2.0 port and also support color scanner. Talking about heavy performance then this scanner can scan 30 pages in a minutes continuously at the mode of 200dpi. But this condition is only for Black & White scanning. Where you get a 50 page feeder. So for optimum use this scanner is quiet a nice one. I had checked the scanned pages which shows a better resolution. The image made by the scanner are also clear and sharp. Like all other scanner this also comes with an ps suite tool which guides for the entire scanning process. The name of that tool is ScanSoft Paper Port and OmniPage Pro. The drivers works quiet comfortably with Windows operating system. The major issue lies with the drivers. If they are not proper then you might face issue with online scanning of documents.

There is an similar model for the same purpose, which is Xerox DocuMate 152. This model quiet works efficiently with pdf scanning of documents. The scanner comprises of Visioneer OneTouch technology which offers you to communicate directly with different types of online and offline application. Scanned documents have a quiet a large space when scanned and saved on the desktop. So mainly I found most of the business users prefer to use some third party solution for simplified solution for the bulk document sharing. The other way is to directly use Google Docs for online sharing of the documents. Basically it can also be due to the size of the document which can be a quiet higher and due to which you are not able to get the same. There are limitations always for the file who are directly attached on the email on the same. You must check the size before attaching the same.

If you trying to look for document imaging then you might get some appropriate solution for that. But this depends on the usage of your work. If you are just working on simple mail program then that works well. Or else if you have a major number of documents that you have to send every day then this is not a optimum solution. Changing a scanner will not give you much help if still you are not able to add the scanned document on your mail account. I will recommend you to use a email client for that. The email client can use your hard drive space for sending and receiving mails but that too also at a limit. It is not possible to send bulk documents at once instance. You can try to convert the pdf file to an image file format like jpg or giff. Those type of image files are very small and you can easily attach a more number of file on the email and send the same.