Thread: External hard drives are re-numbered

External hard drives are re-numbered

The problem which i am facing is a bit new one. The problem is that when i restarting my computer, my external drives are re-designated or re-numbered. This problem is faced by me even on the file server which i connect over the afp. Any one having any ideas related with this issue please help me out. Do any one have heard about this problem?I am using 15" MacBook Pro and a OS X 10.5.2 on a 1.83 GHz Core Duo. I will be waiting for your reply and hoping that you will provide at least some solution to me.

Re: External hard drives are re-numbered

I am also facing similar issues on my system. I don't know the exact cause of this issue. I have tried few fixes from the internet, but it did not helped me. So now i require your help as i cannot wait for along period of time. If you have any suggestion then please help to me. My system is having the following configuration-
    • 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    • 2GB RAM
    • 20" Aluminum iMac
    • Mac OS X 10.4.11

Thanks.

This thing started happening to me from this morning . I am using three external drives on my system. All things were working fine for me before and from today i have started getting this problem. I am using 24" 3.06 iMac and i have upgraded it to SL. I am in need of help as my system is not working properly. So you please provide me some suggestions.

I had also faced the same problem. But i managed to solve it out. I will recommend you to downloaded tinkertool to access the /volumes folder. After doing that you need to just deleted the other /external mount point. After deleting that when i plug my external in that, then what i found was every thing was working well on my system. My system was back to normal. Try this out.