Thread: keyboard stops working but only in Finder?

keyboard stops working but only in Finder?

I am using a wireless multimedia keyboard for my desktop computer. Sometimes it gives issues while click on the files or editing the file name using the arrow keys. This is happened for the 5 to 6 times. I just wanted to know that why it is not editing or clicking the to the files using the arrow keys. If you are having any information on this then please reply me.

Re: keyboard stops working but only in Finder?

This kind of problem can occurs due to the problem in your user library. This can be solve by creating the new user in your system by going to the control panel and choose the create account. And then after creating the new account restart your computer and log in to your computer as the new user. I am sure by doing so it will help you to fix your problem.

I am using the MAC operating system on my computer, in that I am getting issues with finder. I think my finder preference is got corrupted due to that finder is getting problem, like unexpectedly quitting and crashing. I think I want to delete the finder preferences files. If you know how to delete the finder preferences then please tell me. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Charioteer; 21-10-2010 at 09:24 AM.

I have gone through your question and I think you can delete the finder preferences using the finder. First open the finder window and then go to the preference folder in home >library. Delete the file named com.apple.finder.plist. Then log out and again log in. For launching the finder again go to the apple menu in that select the finder and then click the relaunch button.

You can delete the finder preference by going to the terminal. First go to the Application, then in utilities folder, terminal is located, launch it. And then for removing the primary finder preference, type the command rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist at terminal prompt and then press return,(for the Mac OS X 10.3 use this rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.sidebarlists.plist command). And then in Apple menu, choose the force quite for launching the finder and also make your trash empty.
    Last edited by Maxforu; 21-10-2010 at 09:37 AM.

Here I have given you some steps follow those for deleting the finder preferences.
    1. Go to the folder /Users/username/Library/Preferences/.
    2. Look for the file named com.apple.finder.plist, delete it and also delete the file com.apple.sidebarlists.plist.
    3. At the end clear all the trash.
    4. Restart your machine again.