Thread: Does anyone make a hard drive dock that supports both EIDE and SATA?

Does anyone make a hard drive dock that supports both EIDE and SATA?

Hello,
    I have a DELL computer which is compatible with the Windows 7 operating system. I am using the SATA hard disk drive along with using the EIDE for the hard disk tracking. Which is works great in the computer, the problem is that sometimes it’s not able to detect the hard disk in the running mode, I would like to create a USB dock which will used in the both IDE and the SATA hard disk drive. Can any one have any suggestion on this issue?

Re: Does anyone make a hard drive dock that supports both EIDE and SATA?

Few months back I had the similar issue with my SATA hard disk, it sometimes break the connection with the USB connection. It does not detect any flash drive. And after a few time it will also vanishes the hard disk icon from the my computer. Then I used the StarTech.com's Universal USB dock which is very useful for me. After using this now there is no problem in the hard disk drive. It can easily detect the any hard peripheral after attaching it with the computer. I would like to suggest you to go for the “StarTech.com's Universal USB dock”, bring it and install it into your machine. It will not gives you any kind of problem regarding the hard disk drive.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I read the complete post, and think that the adaptor for the SATA connection will be helpful for your issue. The adaptor is used to connection with the IDE to sata connection. These are comes are in a very cheap price. I had a computer which is having the 1-500GB SATA, 1-250GB SATA, 1-320GB IDE 1- 300GB IDE, 1 80GB IDE and a 1.5TB ESATA, those are using all the connection with the board of the laptop. Along this if you wish to need any other hard disk drive then you have to bring one PCI card for the hard disk, and then connect all the IDE’s with the adapter, and for that configure them with the settings.

To store more data in the multi number of hard disk will be great for you. But I think it will a expansive planning to back up data into the computer. You can go for the PC CASE which is available in the market, just buy that one and connect it with the driver that you are using in the computer. It will easier than the USB dock that you are thinking about. It will also track the speed and the performance of the hard disk drive. So if you have any other extra SATA or IDE hard drives and thinking for the storing the extra information of the hard disk then instead of ant USB plug in technique.

A new type of E-SATA connector is used which is used to connect multiple USB dock of the hard disk drive in to a single unit. The connector is having the features like that:
    1.it supports Double SATA/IDE hard disk drive.
    2. it is compatible with the E-SATA,USB1.1, USB2.0, SATA I, and SATA II
    3.It having the 2-Port USB 2.0 HUB
    4. data transfer rate up to 480MB/s and the SATA II transfer rate up to 3GB/s.
    5. Multi-Card Reader like SD/MS/CF/XD-memory.
    6. it having the Power LED indicator for the status of the hard disk.
    7. support operating systems are: Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/ME/98SE, Mac OS 9.x or any other higher version.

hi...try formatting
    Start->Control Panel->Administrator Tools->...I think you should know the rest...

If using the Esata doesn't work, does the USB work?

Its important that which component is the problem one...Toaster or HDD.

Anyway, I heard that using a Dual dock toaster you also need to get card as well