Thread: 64 Bit OS and WMP54G adapter

64 Bit OS and WMP54G adapter

I have a WMP54G Wireless-G PCI Adapter. I want to connect it to my computer. I tried to download the driver, but the driver which i downloaded is not working on my system. I am having 64-bit operating system. I tried it with the other OS and it is working fine. I think the problem is with the 64-bit. Can any one provide me the support on this issue? I am waiting for the reply.

Re: 64 Bit OS and WMP54G adapter

As you have downloaded the driver and you are not able to work it on your system, so try this out. Do not install the whole package which you have downloaded. Go to the device manager in Windows and there you will have to manually install the driver. I think this will work fine on your system. So you can try this thing and let me know the output what you get.

I am facing the same problem on my system. I am to not able to use the adapter with my system. I have tried the solution which is provided above, but still it is not solving my issues. Now i am running short of ideas and does not understand what to do. If any one is having any solution related with this issue, then please help me out.

This is my thanks to devasis for the reply. I tried your fix and i finded that the solution which you have provided is only working for the Windows 7 Beta version and not for the 64-bit. So still my problem is not being solve, even after trying your solution. Can you please provide me some other solution? I even request to other people to help me out.

I have a solution for this problem. First install the driver and after installing the driver go into the Device Manager. Here you have to find the network card. If you are not having the network card installed on you system then you require to install it. Now you have to right click on the Network Card in Device Manager and will have to select the option Update Driver Software. after doing this things you have to select the Browse My Computer for driver software. Do the appropriate selections and lastly select the 802.11G WIRELESS PCI ADAPTER. Now your problem will be solved out.

Even i got the same problem on my windows 7 and i was not able to get the Linksys wireless adapter to work. Then i decided to respond to windows update. I looked in the update list and i finded Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter and i allowed the windows to perform all its updates. After doing this every thing worked for me. I hope that it will work for you as well.