Thread: Device accessing via SPI Bus

Device accessing via SPI Bus

If there are three types of interfaces that I can choose, how do I choose the appropriate interface to use? What are the goals of SPI, I2C and UART? Finally, what is the difference between "Bus" and " Interface "? so if someone could tell me I will appreciate him or the other that is exactly what is "VIA Bus Master IDE"?

Re: Device accessing via SPI Bus

Fundamental differences between them, SPI primarily for high speeds, about 25MHz clock but one bus must be the same voltage, single master (which can be done via S / W), arbitration of data is not possible. I2C data: mainly for the control and transfer low. (Limited by the capacity of buses, etc.), but it can be interfaced to compare the voltage levels and environmental multi-master bus, arbitration built, etc.

The Serial Peripheral Interface or SPI (often pronounced as "spy") bus is a very loose standard for controlling almost any digital electronics that accepts a clocked serial stream of almost identical level bits.Un called "Microwire" is a subset Restricted SPI. SPI is cheap, it does not take much space on an integrated circuit, and multiplies efficiently pins, the expensive part of IC.Il can also be implemented in software with a little pin E / O standard with a microcontroller.

A bus serial device is the most flexible choice when many types of serial devices must be present, and there is one it operates in full duplex (sending and receiving at the same time), making it an excellent choice some systems for data transmission. In operation, there is a clock, a "sub", a "data out", and a chip "select" for each integrated circuit to be control. Every digital device series can be controlled with this combination of signals.

Data from a SPI devices when the clock goes low, and it comes out when the clock passes. It level, a device is selected when chip select is faible. Most devices have outputs become high impedance (off) when the device is not. It arrangement allows multiple devices to talk to one clock up thousands of clocks set? WORKING per second (usually for software-based) to more than 10 million per second. Most implementations of the SPI data clock for the device that data is clocked in. Some devices use this feature to implement? Implement a system effective, high-speed full-duplex streams for applications such as digital audio, digital signal processing, or channels of full duplex communications.

SPI seems at first like a non-standard. However, many programmers who have developed a software module embedded somewhere in their past that drives a bus a few general-purpose I / O Pins, often with the ability to run different clock polarities, the polarity select and clock edges for different devices. The interface is also easy to use? Works for the equipment of the testbed. For example, the conventional method to implement? WORKING SPI interface from a personal computer for custom electronics is via a custom cable to the parallel printer port of PC.Le parallel port generates and reads standard TTL logic voltage, 5 V is high, number of helpful people have developed drivers to provide access to this port in most operating systems are more restrictive, such as Windows NT, from the least likely environments such as Visual Basic.