Thread: Want to connect PS3 to the monitor using a dvi-hdmi adapter or cable

Want to connect PS3 to the monitor using a dvi-hdmi adapter or cable

Hi,
    I want to make the connection of my PS3 slim 120GB system with monitor by making the use of the dvi-hdmi adapter or any other cable. I have made the connection using the dvi adapter. I am not able to see the proper picture on the monitor. I want to gain more information on this topic. Will anyone suggest some solution or will provide some info on this issue? I am waiting for the reply.
    Last edited by Amaya; 07-10-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Re: Want to connect PS3 to the monitor using a dvi-hdmi adapter or cable

I think that the same video signal is send by the DVI and HDMI adapter. So if the signal is not being received from the monitor then the reason for this problem is you will require to set the resolution of the monitor. I am not sure that this is the exact solution, but at least you can make a try of this. Hope have helped you.

Thanks for the instance reply, i referred your reply. You told to do the resolution setting for the monitor, so tried to set the resolution by doing that. Even this does not helped me out. Still i am not getting the proper picture on the monitor. I am very much frustrated with this problem and do not understand what to do with this. Please provide me the solution as early as possible. Thanks.

I want to connect the PS3 system with the monitor. I want this connection by making the use of the dvi-hdmi adapter or cable. I am having a query that which one is the for using i.e. cable or the adapter. I want to get more information on this two topics. Will any one suggest me that how i will make this out?

I think i have the solution for your problem. You will require to have a HDMI to HDMI cable to connect your PS3 with the TV. You can also make the use of the component cable to connect it to a TV. After doing this connection part go to the option and make the setting to HDMI. Now you will have to disconnect the the cable from the TV and again reconnect it with the HDMI/DVI cable. I think it will work for you.