Thread: Simpletech backup drive not recognized

Simpletech backup drive not recognized

When I press on the back-up Simpletech drive from My Computer system, the drive is not easy to get. It used to be. If I place in a memory chip into my card reader through the USB port, it too is not accepted. What is going on I am unable to understand? Any help related the same will be respected? Thanks in Advance.

Re: Simpletech backup drive not recognized

I think that you receiving the error like this on your display screen

If this error message occurs then you will able to receive the small window of unknown USB

Then you should go for the setting and set the proper setting on your computer system. Because I am also getting this kind of error on my computer system.
    Last edited by Killen; 06-10-2010 at 06:05 AM.

I have tried it but I didn’t get the proper solution from the above steps. Is I am facing huge problem in my computer system, can this will remove from my computer system. Do anyone else have the solution of this kind of problem. Please suggest me because I am facing very critical problem with my system.

It is not huge problem what you are thinking about. The problem what you are facing will removed out easily from your computer system, just by some reinstallation of the software. I know the solution of this because I have faced the same problem. I have just repaired the driver of the USB and it starts working. I think this will also work for you.

I have a related issue with my simpletech drive. When I just installed the Windows 7 Ultimate operating system and I am trying to construct my external drive. The place to RIP CD's to. But I got the similar error "Folder is not available, make sure you have permissions to that resource". I am also having a dell notebook Studio 15 available with me. But the same problem is removed after one week by itself from my computer system.

I have the similar difficulties as you are having in Windows 7. It illustrates up under External hardware but I cannot get it to release, in order to observe the files. Unplug in from the power supply didn’t work for me either. I have then taken the help of my external device by which I am using up till yet. I suggest you to do this.