Thread: Gaming Headset - Speedlink Medusa vs. Roccat Kave

Gaming Headset - Speedlink Medusa vs. Roccat Kave

I am sick for games and now I want to purchase one gaming headphone. But I do not know which one will be better for me. I done some search on Google for headset and I found two headsets: 1. Roccat Kave , 5.1 surrounds 2. Medusa NX USB 5.1 Gaming Headset. Here first one is little bit costly but I feel it is better. But headphone has real 5.1 surrounding sound. Is it true that some latest headphones come with some data card (like sound card)? Here in my list Medusa is not giving me any sound card but Roccat Kave need sound card. Please give me explanation for this topic. If someone has other option for headphones please give us. I am using X-fi Xtream Gamer Sound card, will it be good?

Re: Gaming Headset - Speedlink Medusa vs. Roccat Kave

You should not make any experiments with unknown brands. If you already having audio card on your system installed then you can use Stero headset 5.1 . There are lots of known brands products like Logitech, Creative, Razer, sennheiser etc. these both options you have given here seems unknown to me and I will suggest nay unknown product to you. I have one USB headset, Blaster Arena. If you have installed good sound card in your computer then you can use it. It is good one.

I have used medusa and it was good one. But it was little bit heavy, bulky and ugly. Sound bias was also not good enough for my requirement. I have also used Razer barracuda headset but finally I went to Roccat kave and it was awesome. If you have no money problem then I will suggest you for Roccat kave. I am using it for long time and I found and its best when you want to use it for heavy gaming for long time. Only small problem with it is sound bass get confused at heavy volume but normally its works with full blasts.

I think so your both choice are best among other available option and all these are available just under 300 bucks. When I went to search about both one, I found that they have very good design to give comfort our ears. Both are very good documented. Medusa has good ear cup design on the place of magnet rubber. And in Kave headset cushions have been seen, give some problems but still they also not have extra weight. But still Roccat Kave has good sound quality.

I will choose Logitech because I am using its peripherals form long time and I know its headphone will also give best results. I am using Logitech G35 7.1 channel headphone and gives me awesome sound on games. It will also give you best performance during high definition moves which like to use sound cards. It use Dolby headphone technology, and it gives same clarity as you are using full home theater system. The design is also comfortable with your ears.

I have not used Logitech G35 yet so I cannot tell you anything about it but right now I am using Bose QuietComfort and it works like its name. They got best rating for 2010. If you have budget then you should go for this one. It has one advance option for voice clarity and noise reduction which helps you to get better performance. Suppose you are standing on railway station and you want to reduce that noise, then u can use noise reduction option and I am sure you will get that effect.

preciousss Guest

I have used quite a few different headsets but, the best resource I found to get an impartial view on them can be found at Gaming Headset