Thread: COMCAST TV converter box

COMCAST TV converter box

I am paying attention in the smallest size converter box for the reason that of the space I have encompassed. What is the smallest size converter box do you encompass. I at present bought a HD TV for the bedroom. I request and conventional a converter box from Comcast. It did not work by means of the TV. A Comcast tech spent in excess of 2 hours trying to fix the tribulations containing trying 3 dissimilar boxes. By means of the conversion I am down to the lower 28 channels. Comcast desires in excess of $15 per month for a HD box. I would to a certain extent purchase my own box. Several suggestions as to what I be supposed to purchase and where?

Re: COMCAST TV converter box

Try contacting your restricted Comcast contributor as a set top box you might purchase online almost certainly would not run for you. You might desire to consider renting subsequent to looking at prices - Have you checkered yet. I have comprised HD boxes, the entire rentals. I encompass had to replace of them for the reason that of being substandard = as you be familiar with, immediately turn your rental in and get an additional one. It might be a superior choice to purchase, immediately depends on brand, price etc. Not certain what is on the market for purchase at present, immediately have to research and observe. Good Luck!

A set-top box (in addition recognized as a digital converter, or digital cable box), is a cable box that when attached to your TV, and permits you to watch digital channels. By means of a Comcast set-top box, you be able to take pleasure in services such as On Demand from Comcast Digital Cable. To get a set-top box, you be obliged to buy a Comcast Digital Cable package. To learn additional regarding the packages obtainable in your area, hit it off here and provide us by means of your street address. You determine to be capable to compare prices and packages and the set-top box determine to be provided upon your installation.

If you select to complete the VCR hookup yourself, select the alternative that most excellent suits your viewing requirements. By means of this installation, your TV and VCR receive the similar signal, permitting you to record merely the program being watched. Create certain your TV and VCR are together tuned to channel 2, 3, or 4, depending on the type of converter. Attach the wires so that the cable signal passes from the most important cable into the Comcast converter, then to the VCR input, then to your television. When you install your cable service, Comcast determine to take be concerned of your VCR hookup, too. It's immediately part of what they do. And if you would similar to us to handle it at a number of later date, most of they determine to be happy to help you for a nominal fee.

This arrangement facilitates you to record one channel at the same time as watching an additional. This flexibility might require two converter boxes, a splitter, and one A/B switch. There is an supplementary monthly charge for this alternative if converters are required. In this you have to attach the wires so that the cable signal passes from the most important cable into your splitter. After that you have to attach one wire commencing the splitter outputs to the input of one converter box. Subsequent to that you have to attach the additional wire from the splitter outputs to the second converter box. After that you have to attach a wire commencing your first converter to the RF input of your VCR. Then you have to attach a wire from the RF output on your VCR to your A/B switch and at the end you have to connect a wire from your second converter unswervingly to the A/B switch, and then to your TV.

The cable customers are not unswervingly exaggerated by the coming DTV changeover. The cable companies have encompassed established to continue to provide analog versions or descriptions of the local in excess of the air digital TV until 2012, or to make available converter boxes. If you have encompassed an HDTV, then it has to have a digital potential. That does not mean it be able to receive digital cable TV without a digital box. It immediately means that, as a minimum, it has to have digital processing competence.

So, you are analog TVs determined to carry on receiving at least the customary in excess of the air channels. What the cable providers do by means of the remainder of their analog channels is up to them. It would not be astonishing if they changed numerous of them to digital. They positively determine to put pressure on their customers to upgrading to digital service. This is almost certainly why you are not getting a straight reply from them. How much they determine to be capable to change in your area determine to depend on whether there is effectual competition in your area, and how many customers voluntarily switch in excess of to digital or HD service.