Thread: PAL Decoder, NTSC TV

PAL Decoder, NTSC TV

I am writing to know if anyone knows some method of decoding for NTSC TV. all I find are for the PAL. I am not expert in this field, so thought that you members can prove helpful for me. Please help me as soon as possible. Any other information related to the topic would be really grateful.

Re: PAL Decoder, NTSC TV

What are all you have?, If you take micro-controller circuits, it is relatively easy to make changes, since the difference between PAL and NTSC standard is only numbers, decoding systems are the same, so you can adapt hardware from NTSC to PAL .... try .... which circuits you tell me ... and if they occupy micro-controllers, for the audio you need to know your country according to what is the subcarrier frequency coding stage.

I've just wasted all my money on a 47" Sony Bravia LCD TV (1080p native, ATSC / QAM), uncomplaining a friend's story that, somehow, it would work (bought this TV from States) as long as it was a) associated through a decoder for cable TV or b) associated with an HDMI cable. As I found out, this is not the case. When I use DVB-T ("new" PAL) and the U.S. utilizes ATC ("new" NTSC) (this TV having the new standard: ATSC, as well as QAM), and the two formats are scarcely jpeg and jpg. Thus, I'm sitting here with an enormous, empty TV, feeling pretty dim-witted. Fortuitously, it will still function as a PC monitor; however, somehow I don't see it fitting on the top of my desk. In spite of, I've been searching for the response for hours now -- unsuccessfully. Analysis up on decoding boxes, HD signals and analogous, but there's just too much out there. So, I'm hoping some of you have the proficiencies to lend a hand to me out, because I know, if it's anywhere, it's here.

Since, I read the problem; I am very much interested in the solution because I’m having the same problem with my Sony Bravia that I bought in the US. Regrettably I didn’t read your post before. How you did lastly resolved the quandary? Did the hdmi-dvi-vga connection work? Did you try any scalar that now they put up for sale on line? If anyone knowing any of these things please let me know.

You won't be able to use the built in ATSC over the air tuner in any nation not broadcasting with that system. If you use an outboard tuner or cable box putting out a progressive scrutinize signal connected to HDMI or component video it will circumvent the built in tuner but will necessitate scaling to the resident resolution of the set. The TV may not be equipped to do that so you would require an outboard scalar (not contemptible). If you try the VGA input your TV must recognize that signal. The owner’s manual usually lists all well-matched resolution and refresh rates.

There are numerous contemptible ways to resolve this difficulty,

1. Get a standalone PC tuner, most of these sustain both PAL and NTSC and cost around $50-100. They support numerous resolutions and should work with any TV having a VGA input. But the eminence may not be superior.
    2. PAL to NTSC or NTSC to PAL converters you can get these on www.220-electronics.com but they are not despicable, you won’t lose quality if you go this direction.
    3. Dish TV users in India can order the VGA box; it has a VGA out and can give very superior quality.