Thread: How to improve primary hard disk data transfer rate?

How to improve primary hard disk data transfer rate?

I am using windows 7 on my laptop which has a hard drive of 500 GB with the 4 GB RAM, i am using these from 6 months all is well except the primary data transfer rate which is very slow as compared to the other operating system. So,please provide some solution on thee issue to resolve my problem; any suggestion will be appreciated by me.

Re: How to improve primary hard disk data transfer rate?

There seems a problem in the hard drive because many a time the sectors on the hard drive become corrupted. These mostly result in the slowdown of the system and all the applications that are running in the operating system. As you have mentioned that you are using windows 7 with 500 GB hard drive so there must not be a problem in the OS.

To be expected your computer has a slower 5400RPM hard drive; if you have a PC with space in the pot for another disk drive, get a 7200RPM or 10000RPM and understand writing reviews to get whatever is truely fastest when you get ready to pay for - Maxtor vs Seagate vs Fujitsu vs Samsung, etc., then place your exchange file onto that drive, or the after that time you reinstall the OS, put that drive as first, and load the operating system onto that much earlier drive.

There may be chances that there is a virus attack on your system, that may be the reason why your laptop is running very slow. The solution to this problem is an anti-virus, download an anti-virus from the internet and scan the whole laptop and then restart and transfer the data to other external disk to see the effect o0f the hard drive. These will resolve your issue of the transfer rate.

I have scan the hard drive with the AVG anti-virus and it has taken 40 minutes to complete the process on my laptop system. After that there was not a chance in the transfer rate of the data in the external as well internal folders. So, please provide me the solution to overcome these issue i will be grateful for any suggestion on the topic.

If you are not able to get the solution from any of the source the best option available to you is that go for the replacement of the hard drive, if the hard drive is not in the warranty period then you can visit the service center and repair it there, these will resolve your issue of the slow transfer rate. You can also check it by formatting the whole hard drive with Windows 7 bootable DVD/CD that also increases the transfer rate by removing all the data from the hard drive.