Thread: Used RAM vs. New RAM

Used RAM vs. New RAM

I am currently using 1GB RAM on my laptop and want to run may applications which need larger RAM so I want to go for upgrading RAM on my laptop. I do not have much about RAM so want to know if I can go for buying old RAM or its better to go for new RAM by spending some more money. I want to run Windows 7 operating system on my laptop so how much RAM requires run it without any problem. Please explain me the difference between the two.

Re: Used RAM vs. New RAM

If you want to go for older RAM then you can have it from the web site which provides you with used RAM such as eBay etc. But ensure that you get RAM which matches up with your requirement, as you want to run windows 7 operating system you need to have RAM more than 1 GB to run system smoothly.

I think to should go for new RAM it will cost more than the older one but it will be better if you go for new as electronic goods are hard to check if they will work for long time or not. So I recommend you to go for new and latest RAM which will be supported by your system. There is much difference between the two on the bases of durability and support.

I have also taken old RAM and also some other computer parts from eBay and they are working fine with my system so if you want you can go for older RAM from eBay. As your system requirement are high that is you want to run windows 7 and other application which will require high RAM so you can go for 2GB or more. This will defiantly help you to decide which to go for.

If you have money from which you can buy new RAM then defiantly you should go for new RAM which is will last long with all the work and also you will get the warranty for certain years within which you can replace it if damage or not worked with the system. So from my view you should buy new RAM for your system.

Before going for buying RAM for your laptop you have to consider many features and points of it like speed, type of RAM you are already using, format like DIMM (desktop full sized modules)or SO-DIMM ('notebook' size modules),dual channel etc. this will ensure you to get best RAM for your laptop.