Thread: "C:\MS32DLL.dll.vbs" error while opening the C drive

"C:\MS32DLL.dll.vbs" error while opening the C drive

I am having a system, with the windows 7 installed on it. Till yesterday my PC was working fine, but today i am facing the problem in opening the C drive. When i double click on the C drive, it is not opening out, instead it is giving me the error message that" Cannot find script file "c:\MS32DLL.dll.vbs ".I am able to open my c drive only by doing the right click on it and select the option "open" and "Explore". Having no idea why i am facing this problem. Please help me out.

Re: "C:\MS32DLL.dll.vbs" error while opening the C drive

I can help you in solving the problem. Just follow the instruction you will be placed out of the problem. Go to the start>>>>Run>>>>Type the command "regedit">>>>click on F3 and make the search for the word "mountpoints2". Then wherever you get this word, select all and delete it. Doing this had solved my problem, hope it helps you.

You will need to follow this instructions .Open the run window, in run window type the command cmd, then the command prompt will get open up. Inside the command prompt type CD\space and press the enter key. Now type dir space bar autorun.inf space bar /A. attributes-
    >H space bar
    >R space bar
    >S space bar
    >A space bar autorun.inf
    del space bar autorun.inf. You will be able to delete all the autorun from your system. Restart the computer and your problem will be solved.

Your problem can be solved out by restoring the system. For restoring the system you need to go to the start menu, then go to all program, then go to accessories, then go to System tools, then go to system restore and select a old date and click on the next button. Now you must restart your system and after do the restart your problem will be solved.

I have tried the above solution. I went to run and typed the command "regedit" then i searched for the word "mountpoints2" and removed it. Now i restarted my system and double clicked on c drive, it gets open. Now all things are working for me. I thank you for providing such a help. I even advice others to try this solution. It is nice one. Once again thanks.

My problem is little bit similar to the problems faced by the peoples above. When i double click on the any of my drives i get the message that 'windows cannot find the file "SYSTEM.VBS"'. What should i do now as i am not able to open any of my drives on the double click? Suggest me some solution for this problem. As it is little bit different from the above.

My computer was affected by the virus. That is why i was not able to open my drive on the double click. I followed the solution given for deleting the autorun. I deleted all the autorun.inf files by typing del space bar autorun in the command prompt. Now i am able to open my drive on the double click. I give thank to the one who has given this solution.