Thread: Should I go for OCZ Z Series 1000W?

Should I go for OCZ Z Series 1000W?

I have recently heard about the Z Series OCZ 1000W. Sources of great power but there are many modular and adapted with the latest technologies and most efficient levels of energy use can be counted on the fingers of one hand and possibly the new Z Series OCZ is one of those unique sources. And one of it, is this model. Now I am having i5 processor, and in future I will be upgrading it with i7 processor (soon). So I am thinking to go for OCZ 1000W. I am not having enough knowledge about it, so thought to take some notes from you guys. Please provide me some information about the same. Any suggestions are most welcomed.

Re: Should I go for OCZ Z Series 1000W?

Not all need 1kw of power for your computer but if necessary we must have an efficient source that has the latest technology and is adapted to more modern configurations on the market. One source of this potential can be a great traveling companion workstation or gaming systems with multiple graphics chips and of course also the driving of systems with high levels of overclocking. The source that we are approaching now offers this potential in a conventional-sized format, with modular cabling system, support for advanced graphics systems and performance bonds most demanding market.

It is clear that the main characteristic of this source is its immense power that amounts to a total of 1000W. The interesting thing about this source is that it inherits the technology from a single rail of the range getting PC Power & Cooling power supply up to 83A with a single 12v rail is the one that feeds mainly on all computer components. Thus we have to keep looking that rails may or may not overloaded. Simply connect all as we come better with the security of knowing that power is distributed in a linear fashion.

This new series from OCZ is the most refined of the same brand and also has energy certification is more demanding than the 80 Plus Gold certification which guarantees that the source always work with an efficiency above 92% whatever the load which the submission. This means that we require each 92w to 100w consume only source is reducing heat dissipation to a minimum and also helps us to improve the electricity bill.

It is a source millimeter careful where they have used industry standards. The Z1000 is designed to operate at temperatures up to 50ยบ of environment and continue to supply its power 1000w without the slightest problem.

This source has a hybrid system wiring. It is true that much of their cables are modular, and can configure them as our needs but also has, and is a complete success in my opinion, with a minimum of cables direct to the source where we find the standard ATX 24-pin twice 12v auxiliary and two PEG connectors 8 +2 to power a graphics card directly. For the cooling fan has a lower single 135mm diameter with a double bearing system controlled by temperature and power consumption for quiet operation and always within the ideal temperature of the source.

This model is also certified by Nvidia graphics chip systems of two simultaneous but if we opt for the more advanced models can mount three or four chips also without any problem. The source has 6 cables PEG, 3 of them with 6-8 connectors and three with 6 connectors, so you can mount up to three cards dual simple connector or six cards.

This power supply features a modular cable system but also many of its main connectors that we use whether or if, they are not and for me that is an advantage because we offer the stability of a bridge cable without intermediate parts most important of the computer and this is undoubtedly reliability and stability in the fundamental power of the PC. For those who like to have the source boxes at the bottom of it I say that with the OCZ Z Series can be completely calm at this point because the wiring has dimensions suitable for this type of configuration. The ATX cable, for instance, has a length of about 55cm and some cables for peripherals, especially the SATA, reaching almost 90cm long. In the case of PEG connectors for graphics reach dimensions 59cm long, which, as I say, we should have no problem no matter how large the box we want for our computer.