Thread: How to disable Fn key in my COMPAQ F739TU

How to disable Fn key in my COMPAQ F739TU

I have an HP COMPAQ F739TU laptop with windows Vista as my operating system. Have an ‘iball’ multimedia keyboard. The Problem is, when I used to change my window there is need to press F8 key, but my keyboard function key doesn’t working. Any help to overcome from this problem. the green light of my laptop wouldn't turn off. By holding the key FN + F11 I switched it back to normal and then letting go of FN. But still no results. How can I disable the function key?

Re: How to disable Fn key in my COMPAQ F739TU

I have a DELL MINI NETBOOKS that have the function keys. There was an exactly that type problem in my laptop in the few months ago. So the processes by which I solved the problem, would like share with you. You have to press the FN key and the key that is next to your "space" key (between "space key" and "alt gr") simultaneously, (this is the bottom of your keyboard, it has two little arrows on it). It will works….

Switch on your laptop, and press F12(boot option botton) when the COMPAQ loading screen appears. An window will appear, select the last option from that window(named as ‘enter setup’). Then choose the second tab(Advanced setting) from your keyboard. There is an option "function behavior", choose it and press enter./ the choices are for multimedia and function(I read in your post that keyboard is an multimedia). Lastly pick another one. And choose save changes and exit. Try this hope it will help you…

You can also disable a specific key by marking the Disable Function Key check box on the configuration screen. This will allow the key to be disabled in the "My Function Keys" program and allow it to be used by the original program. As for example, when the “My Function Keys” program is running. The you can use the F1 to paste any text into a desire place. Though usually F1 used for HELP in many other programs).

Go into Device Manager by clicking Right Click on "My Computer" into your desktop screen then go to “Properties”, click on "Device Manager TAB. Click + sign next to Keyboard, to expand the options, highlight the entry under it and hit Remove Button. Say YES. Reboot your laptop. Windows will re-install the driver. This will really fix your issue.