Thread: How to solve external harddisk problem in the PC

How to solve external harddisk problem in the PC

When i insert the external hard drive in the computer.One folder in my external hard drive is not accessible .When i click on the folder then the message appears that "file or directory is corrupted and unreadable".This thing is happening from the time when i scanned my external drive.Now it is showing that the folder is empty.Suggest me some solution ,that how i can recover this folder back.

Re: How to solve external harddisk problem in the PC

I to have a problem in my USB external hard disk.When i plug mu USB drive in it is already detected and it is shown in my PC.But when i click on it then it gives the message that G:/ is not accessible and The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.Can this problem be solved ? How do i recover from this problem.I have a windows XP installed on my system.

I worked upon this problem and got one nice solution.according to me the file contained in your folder might be infected or it might be containing some virus.This thing normally happens when there is a virus present in the folder .You try to remove the viruses by scanning it with the good anti-virus.Download a fresh copy of anti-virus and scan your drive properly.

There is nothing to worry about this .It is having a very simple solution.Just Right click on the the External Hard drive --------> properties---------->Click on Scan and fix error------->Restart the computer.Keep one thing in mind that do not remove the USB hard drive it will solve all the problem automatically .This solution has solved my problem when was under the same situation as you are today.So try it out.

This could happen because of many reasons.I am providing all the reason why this problem actually happens-
    1-There my be virus in your drive.
    2-If external disk is not properly removed
    3-hard disk gets disconnected when you are moving files to or from it to your PC.
    I have used a software for solving this problem .The software name is 'recover my file' .You will need to pay for this software.