Thread: Problem in opening my local drive D

Problem in opening my local drive D

Hi,
    I use Desktop at my home.My desktop is two years old.It was working fine for me .But yesterday when i opened my D drive it was not opening up.It gave the error message that "access is denied".What should i do now.As i am not able to do any thing.All my data are present inside the d drive.So please help me in finding some solutions.Give the reply as early as possible, because all my work is pending.

Re: Problem in opening my local drive D

There is a proper solution for this problem .I am providing you the solution for this problem.First go to the start------>Run-------->type the command "Regedit"----->enter-------->Press Ctrl+F------>Then type the command "mountpoints2"----->enter----->Right click on the mountpoints2 ----> click on the delete .Repeat this step till you found the "mountpoints2".Hope it solves your issue.

Two months back i was also having the same problem.I have another solution for this problem.Just right click on the "My computer "icon and choose the option Manage .After choosing the option Manage then go to the Disk management .You will be able to all you drives ,choose the drive which you want to open,just right click on the drive which you want to open and click to open.It will open but back your file and format it.

I was facing similar problem in my computer.But thanks to my friend ,he suggested me the solution which worked for me .Inside the windows explorer click on the tools option then you need to click on the Folder option.After done with this you need to go to the view tab and in it go to Advanced Settings area and click to clear the Use Simple File Sharing check box.If you are OK with this then right click on folder and go to the properties and go to the security tab, then click on add,advanced ,then find now.A list will come up containing your user name or Administrator .Add it , check and press to apply.You are done with it .Try this setting ,it will help you.

I have tried it out the above solution given by Shreevats .But I am still not able to open my D drive .Then i followed the instructions given by Vandam .But now also i was not able to fix my problem .I don't know what has gone wrong into my PC.I am depressed after trying out this solution and not being able to solve the problem.Having no ideas what to do with this problem .Can any body suggest me some more solutions?

I think that there is a virus problem into your PC ,that is why you are not able to open your D drive .I suggest you to download a fresh copy of good anti-virus such as Quick-hill, Norton etc .After you download the anti-virus scan your whole system or make a boot scan of your complete system. You will definitely be able to solve this problem , because i to was having the same problem in my E drive.