Thread: Need good gaming mouse compatible with Win7 64 bit

Need good gaming mouse compatible with Win7 64 bit

Friends, I am using a Logitech G5 mouse. It is a fine mouse but I need more than that. Whenever I move the mouse horizontally then it is not very smooth as I accepted. It is choppy like snapping to something. Cursor is also not going to straight line smoothly when I move the mouse. I have tried every possible setting for that, once setpoint driver installed and once setpoint driver uninstalled. It was working fine when I was using Windows Vista.

Can anyone suggest me a gaming mouse which can work fine with Windows 7 running on 64 bit.

Re: Need good gaming mouse compatible with Win7 64 bit

I am also a game lover and like to play computer games at free times. I am using Microsoft sidewinder mouse. My computer is also running on window 7 with 64 bit. This running fine with Windows 7 and it is smooth too. I feel no problem while playing the games. Most important part of it is that it fits in my palm perfectly and that is first requirement while playing the games. You should also try this and I am sure that you will like it too.
    Last edited by Hardwareman; 15-09-2010 at 05:17 AM.

I have replaced my old MX518 with a Logitech G500. My old one was also good but it is not good for gaming. My friend suggested that I should use Logitech G500 and therefore I bought it and I like it a lot. I have installed Windows 7 and all the things runs smoothly but the only thing which I do not like about it is the top of the mouse. In my opinion, it odes not got a good looks. You may like it because every one has a different view. But the functionality of it is great. It has customizable button, weight and high dpi.

This seems to be very common problem with many Logitech G5 mouse. This problem may also be caused because your mouse may have lose connection of USB which connects it to Windows. There may be problem with your DPI setting which may be reset random setting. You will find many threads on logitech forums. You should check these settings and set the default settings.

There may be some problem with your driver. It may be corrupted or not functioning properly. You should reinstall it properly. Reboot the system and see that the issue is gone or not. If not then there are newer Logitech drivers available. Download it from internet and install to your system .. Reboot the system. This may fix the issue. In many of the cases it reduces the problem.

I was also having the same problem with my Logitech G5 but the issue gone when I updated the driver. You should check the "eye" housing; it should not contain any hairs or lint in it. Before staring into it you should, make sure that you have to unplug it. Test it on your friends or any other computer if it is possible. If you found that problem is duplicating then you can try RMA. Usually Logitech is good about that.

As you told that it was working very fine when you were using Windows Vista. The problem starts showing its effect when you changed to other operating system. I don’t know that which operating system you are using right now But my suggestion to you is to get back to your Windows Vista again If you are not able to solve the problem.