Thread: Blu-ray drive Mata BD-MLT UJ-220S

Blu-ray drive Mata BD-MLT UJ-220S

I came across a difficulty using my Blu-ray (CD/DVD drive) later than installing Windows 7 32bit (upgrade from Vista and too spotless install). I am not able to BURN discs any longer. I have struggled a lot of things from first to last but no success, so I am not confident whether this is a Windows crisis, a driver crisis or a hardware crisis. My Vaio is FZ31Z model, except the drive Mat shi ta BD-MLT UJ-220S is moreover in attendance in some other Vaio models. Thus, any of you having this drive and who has managed to make it work on Windows 7. Please be so kind and provide me a reply.

Re: Blu-ray drive Mata BD-MLT UJ-220S

I have read your problem but you have not perfectly mentioned your issue. Actually here I want some information regarding that. Can you tell me about your problem which you are facing with the disc and drive? And have you ever try to update your graphic card driver? And did you update and patch your blu ray software? So give me all these information as soon as it is possible.

Here I want tell you some information which is related to your issue. Actually Blu-Ray playback is needy on specialized software like PowerDVD or ArcSoft Total Media Theater 3. So in that incapacity to burn disks is exciting. Have you make an effort a firmware update on the drive if there is one? So for that you just install nero tool and then you check that what is your drive responding or reporting to windows that it can do.

I have also the same issue regarding this. Actually the firmware which is I am using is latest for I have seen this from the sony website. And currently I am using nero info tool which is seem to work normally. In this the device is normal to burn all the kind of CDs, DVDs. I came across these circumstances in the past from time to time when trying to burn DVDs in Vista. At that instant I utilize to defragment the hard-drive and clean the system with CCleaner or TuneUp Utilities and one way or another burner came back to usual. Then I came to know that it is because of the hardware problem not because of the software issue. And some days back I got the message that 'Track following error' and the drive ejects the DVD.
    Last edited by MACuser; 12-09-2010 at 12:23 AM.

I have also faced this issue but around few months back. Then I have searched a lot regarding this then from one of the forum site I got the solution then I have tried in mine case and now I have no any issue regarding this. Can you tell me that your windows explorer is able to burn a disk like that correctly? If so then you have to update nero to a new version or maybe try to reinstall this. I hope it will fix your issue.

Actually nobody asks me regarding this so I think it is not so much of important. Yes in mine explorer is not able to burn. So can you tell me that it is possible to be arranging of difference between Explorer and Nero? And currently for the nero this one is the latest version. So what to do regarding this ?

Please be definite, what did you say? Actually what graphic card driver should I make use of on GeForce 8600M GS? Perhaps I have missed a little, is there a straight pressure on the burner? Concerning the Nero Buffer, is it achievable for the system not to assign (enough) memory and thus stop the burning? If is there any solution of this then please suggest me?