Thread: Dell Inspiron 1525 does not detect harddisk

Dell Inspiron 1525 does not detect harddisk

I have a dell laptop with me ,but when i start booting my laptop it gives the message that hard disk not detected .I feel that there is nothing wrong with my hard disk.Well it is 5 to 6 months older and the message says that cannot find booting device.However when i put my hard disk in the other device it gives the same message ,that cannot find the bootable device.Please provide me some suggestions

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 does not detect harddisk

There is problem related with your basic input output system.For this problem you need to go to the Sata settings and change he settings to ATA.Before you change your Sata setting you will have to change the cache control module to off .Once you are done with this then you can load a new operating system your machine or reboot your older operating system using recovery option.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1525 does not detect hard disk

The problem of yours is not related with the hard disk .it may be having some other problem .You first check that your hard drive is properly connected to the machine and it is provided with proper power supply.You also try to check Your machines configuration setting I hope that if you follow all the instruction properly then you will be able to solve your problem. If still you are not able to cope up with your problem then you must reply me back.

I have tried the Sata settings and changed it to ATA and i have also made my cache control module settings to off.But still i am not able to load a new operating system or even i am not able to reboot the older operating system .It is still showing the same message that cannot find the booting device.So kindly provide me some other solutions for this problem.

There was a same problem in my laptop 1525 .I to was getting the same problem with my machine that booting device not found.I took it to three four laptop service center and all were giving the same problem ,they suggested me the solution that i should change my hard drive to new one.I you are not getting some other solutions then do the same thing what i did .