Thread: Dell XPS M1330 Speakers not working

Dell XPS M1330 Speakers not working

On my Dell XPS M1330, I was having, Vista as the operating system. Till when I was using Vista on it the speakers on the laptop were running fine, there was no problem with it. Recently, I switched to Windows 7. Now the speakers refuse to work. I am facing many problems with the laptops now. When I go for the sound test in the Control Panel, the tests return me saying Failed to play test tone. Also to add, I even do not receive any sound in the headphone as well. Can you all tell me what should I do? Is Windows 7 causing this problem? I do not think so. Please Help.

Re: Dell XPS M1330 Speakers not working

Also having the same issue with my laptop. Although the laptop that I am using has come with Windows 7, so I do not think that it is Windows 7 that is causing the problem. I simply love this laptop, but I can not find the reason of this fault. I have updated the drivers so the question of old drivers also gets eliminated. Please can you suggest me something. Also I am able to hear the sound from the headphone, but not from the speakers. Help.

I think what is wrong with you "Filomena ". Recently my right-speaker stopped working but the left one was working fine. I would also like to tell that there was no problem with the jacks of the speaker. In your case I think that the speakers are not of good quality. I think that you should go for the replacement of your laptop. Your speakers are dead. Please make it fast for the replacement and explain them the problems that you are facing. Hope this will work.

Not with the solution but here to add one more question to this thread. On my Dell XPS m 1330, I was playing Bioshock. I then turned off my speakers. After i was completed with playing Bioshock, I went to watch some videos on Youtube. This time when I switched on the speakers on, there was no sound. Please help. Are my speakers also dead or are they broken?

We can not say if your speakers are dead or broken at this very moment. What I can suggest you is to see if the sounds are coming out of the headphones when they are in. If the sound comes out of there then there is some thing that you need to worry about. If the sound does not come out then make sure that you have installed all the Dell Audio & Chipset drivers. Also update them so that you do not miss on the updates. See if this makes the difference. I will keep my fingers crossed for you and Hope that it soles here.

If you ask me I would say that you are not installing the drivers properly. If you are installing them properly then they might not be the right one. I can give you the link to the drivers which I used and got the speakers of my laptop working. Before going for the replacement you all can go for this and do post what happened in your particular cases. I am absolutely sure that I will not disappoint you all here. For the drivers CLICK HERE