Thread: Bluetooth keyboard keeps disconnecting?

Bluetooth keyboard keeps disconnecting?

I have bought a bluetooth keyboard and mouse of Logitec recently. It was working fine for few days but now it keeps on disconnecting very frequently which is very frustrating for me. Whenever I try to type any document I miss the letter or half of the words are not there when I recheck the document. I have set the bluetooth already as standered in Windows 7. I think the problem is Logitech SetPoint clashing with Windows 7 Bluetooth and that is the problem behind disconnecting the keyboard. What should I do? Can you tell me any solution for this. Thank you.
    Last edited by Calusa; 09-09-2010 at 12:34 AM.

Re: Bluetooth keyboard keeps disconnecting?

I think you have problem with your driver. You have to install new driver to your computer. If you don't have proper driver for your hardware then it will not work properly. Your driver may be corrupted and causing the disconnection of your keyboard to CPU. Have you installed the latest driver for the keyboard. If not then you can download it from here and install it in your PC. Reboot your system and check the keyboard connection. I hope that will help you.

You must check your keyboards battery level. If your battery level is low then it can also create the same problem as you told above like missing the connection, missing letters and all. I suggest you to pull your keyboards batteries out and replace them with the new ones. You can do this before doing anything to your computer or keyboard. This will be the safest way to come out of the problem but only if it is a problem due to low battery.

There may be some other devices at your home which uses the Bluetooth. If you have that then that be causing the problem between the connection between your computer and keyboard. It’s very rare case but sometimes signals from some other wireless device may interfere with the signal of your keyboard.

You can also check the settings they can interfere. Look under System Preferences > Mouse and Keyboard. You can also check for System Preference > Bluetooth.

Thank you very much for the replies. I have installed the latest driver for setpoint but it does not worked for me. My batteries have 125 days left. I have uninstalled the driver and reinstalled it again and that also make no difference. I have also moved receiver to the USB in front of the rig but found no difference. As I said that it was working fine for few days and after that it shows the problem. Once it get disconnected I can see message on keyboard saying connecting and it take around 20 minutes to connect. I am using the same batteries that came with the keyboard. I am going to change the battery and see the result.

Trying new batteries is a good idea and it will definitely going to help you. Mostly the batteries that comes with the keyboard are of lower quality and would not work properly. You have to buy new batteries and replace the one you are using. you can use Rayovac NIMM 2000mAh batteries which can be recharged in 15 minutes and it comes with another set of rechargeable batteries and you can use those while you are charging other one. Its not very cheap but will keep your board woking for a long time.

You have written that you bought it recently. They must have given you some warranty for this. You can try above solution and if does not work then you can directly go to the dealer from where you have purchased this keyboard. They will definitely going to help you. If they can’t solve the issue then you can ask them for replacement.