Thread: HP Laserjet 1010 drivers for Windows 7

HP Laserjet 1010 drivers for Windows 7

Hello,
    I have no driver for HP laser jet 1010 windows 7. I searched on the windows and Hp's official site but no use the drivers are not provided by them for windows 7. So, if you know where to find the drivers for windows 7 then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: HP Laserjet 1010 drivers for Windows 7

Hello,
    HP no longer supports this printer and there are no drivers for Windows 7 a couple of options, first you plug the printer directly and windows 7 is responsible for finding the necessary drivers. If it does not work, you can test the drivers provided for Windows Vista, why just upload them to the HP website.

Here is what I did

1 - after searching on windows, windows 7 indicates that it has no driver
    2 - after test, the pilot planned for Windows Vista does not work.
    thank you for giving me an answer but that did not help

I did have a similar printer and have the same trouble with it. The solutions you mention cover the state of my previous research. It seems that all the solutions lead to the same conclusion, no connection available on Windows 7. Too bad that this printer up and running is now unusable. Thank you for your efforts.

Hello just plug the USB printer in Win 7, it is detected but does not:

1 - Download the driver for XP , run the executable that will decompress in a folder .
    2 - Go into Device Manager to update a driver under 'peripheral 1284.4 "by selecting either the same location of the new driver, point to the folder you previously extracted.
    3 - Restart the computer to restart the print spooler service if ever the printer does not work immediately.
    4 - The printer is now functional on Windows 7!.

The simplest solution is the following:

1 - Connect the USB printer in Windows 7 64 bit, it is detected as a device not specified.
    2 - Click your right mouse button to go to "properties", click "Hardware" and again "properties". Click "change settings" in this new window.
    3 - In the window that appears, click "update driver" select "find a driver on my computer" then "choose from a list of device drivers on my computer."
    4 - In the list that appears, select "Printers."
    5 - In the Add Printer Wizard that appears, select the course and choose the HP model HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5. Click "Next" and the driver is downloaded automatically. HP 1010 works perfectly with this driver (what HP is careful not to communicate, since we sell a maximum!).

The printer will appear in devices such as HP 3055, which has no importance. You can rename it if you want (right click and "printer properties") but that is irrelevant.

Thankyou for the excellent help, worked like a champ. I hated to toss that great old workhorse away. This is my first experience with this forum and we're off to a great start. Again thanks.