Thread: What USB drive can do besides data transfer?

What USB drive can do besides data transfer?

Originally, I thought USB drive is just a tool for data transfer. After seeing this video, everything changed...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtHI5Gm1qg8

A pre-load software makes USB drive totally different.
    MP3, document management, AppZone and even the support to back up data to cloud storage space!

If the price keeps the same, I will take it into my consideration

Re: What USB drive can do besides data transfer?

Yeah, even i heard about it. Its urDrive, right ? Now with urDrive, it gives you a better way to look at your data while combining cool features to make it your own. Easily store, organize and share your favorite photos through the built-in photo viewer, search the convenient built-in Internet browser and view the cool AppZone for new apps to try — all in a flash. In the months ahead, urDrive will update to offer even more apps and features.

Sounds cool. But it seems not so available, right? After checking on Kingston's website, only DT101 G2 has this pre-load. Is it usable for other Kingston drives?

Quote Originally Posted by Agry View Post
    Sounds cool. But it seems not so available, right? After checking on Kingston's website, only DT101 G2 has this pre-load. Is it usable for other Kingston drives?
    yeah, you are right. It is (at present) only available with DataTraveler 101 G2, but will be implemented soon with other drives. urDrive offers users urAppZone space dedicated to games and other applications. With urDrive, a good surprise often hides another. Today, we offer customers urDrive 2 GB of online backup to store their important files safe and easy access via the Internet.