Thread: C4750 extremely slow over network

C4750 extremely slow over network

I have just recently purchased a Photo smart C4750 and done all my setting properly. When i try to print from my Macbook with the USB plugged in, every thing was fine, but when i gone for the same process on the Network the printing become very slow. It printed only 12 percentage of the whole page in 10 minutes and finally aborted the process with out completion of the printing. Any one on the forum please reply with a solution, any suggestion will be appreciated by me.

Re: C4750 extremely slow over network

First of all provide the full information about the network, that is it is a router brand or router model, encryption type that is (WEP or WPA) and Internet service provider type that is (DSL,Cable). If you provide all the information to me then i will try to solve your problem of the printing in the network.

I have a Linksys Wireless Router which is using the WPA with PSK.There was a HP printer that i was using for years which crashed last month and i purchased a new C4750.My printer prints very slowing, some time it prints very slowly and fail after some time. Please provide me with the solution i will be delighted to see my printer working fast on the network.

As you have provided the full information, first you have to start with a reset of the (printer) printing System. Then first go to the System Preferences and then in Print and Fax section. After that Right click the print queue area and Click reset Printing System, but you should note here that it will delete all your printer. Then select the plus sign to re add the printer again according to the requirements.

I have followed all your instruction given above but even then too i am not able to get the printer working faster on the network. There seems a problem in the driver that i have installed, now it shows a error message when i try to print the page on the network please provide me a solution. There is now a problem in network also which was not available originally, give the solve to fix these issue.

If the steps provided above does not solve your issue then just do the same thing as previous but with only one difference in it. Delete and re install the driver by re adding the printer but this time select a different driver in the pull down list and then click OK. These will for sure will resolve your issue and your printer will work faster in the network. If the problem exists future the n contact the customer care assistance of the hp.

I finally got the solution to my queries all thanks to you. I reinstalled the driver and then re added the hp printer in the option given by you and restarted my Mac book and it worked very well. Now I am able to print on the network with a good speed and I am very grateful to you for your valuable support and will be delighted if you provide me any suggestion in the future.