Thread: Photosmart C309a software and driver problem for Windows 7

Photosmart C309a software and driver problem for Windows 7

Experiencing problem with Photosmart C309a while trying to print. It fails saying that "The printing can not be perform.". I even get an error when I try to get the properties page. I have tried the uninstall/reinstall funda several times but nothing helped. The Print Diagnostic Utility which I used tells me that this is simply because of the issues related to drivers. I am also sure that this is because of some software issues. I am here right now with no solution for me. Please help me with a solution. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Photosmart C309a software and driver problem for Windows 7

I am also having the problem with the HP Photosmart C309a. When I downloaded and installed the software, the HP solution center, does not allow it to install. I tried opening the HP solution center, to see what is there. All that can be seen is logos and touch bars, there is not a single word or letter in the window. Is there anything that the Antivirus is not allowing to be done. Help.

After reading your post I would like to ask only a single question. Are you using Adobe Flash Player? i.e. did you install the Adobe Flash Player after you uninstalled and reinstalled the software? If not then kindly do it and see if that helps. Regarding the Antivirus issue, in short, for the time being there is no role of the Antivirus in this part. Hope that you will succeed.

Yes, I am using the Adobe Flash Player. It is Adobe Flash Player 8. Now what do you want to say, should I go for upgrading the Player or I should uninstall/reinstall the Adobe Flash Player 8? Are you not sure that this can be because of compatibility issue with Windows 7. Please tell what actually I need to do. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eru View Post
    After reading your post I would like to ask only a single question. Are you using Adobe Flash Player? i.e. did you install the Adobe Flash Player after you uninstalled and reinstalled the software? If not then kindly do it and see if that helps. Regarding the Antivirus issue, in short, for the time being there is no role of the Antivirus in this part. Hope that you will succeed.
    Thanks a lot. I again went for the fresh installation of the software as well as Adobe Flash Player, the Flash Player Version was 10. It this time to my surprise did worked. I am really grateful to you. Thanks one more time!!!!!!

I have been trying to connect my new windows 7 laptop to my HP C309a series--tried wireless and wired. I have installed the driver numerous time wireless--nothing. Tried it while connected to the machine and found that it would take 69 hours--what! Didn't matter--error message came up and program quit.
    Further, I find it interesting that I have spent at least 6 hours on the phone with HP techs and they have been unable to solve to problem. One did manage to get both of my laptops to be completely wireless and then the phone went dead! I called back and was told to contact my cable company.
    Is the printer even compatible with windows 7?

Hi tribbs,

Follow the exact method given below to install the HP C309a series in your windows 7 machine:

1. Set up Administrator account via elevated command prompt
    2. Shut off firewall[s]
    3. Run L2-uninstall from CD.
    4. Install minimal software [drivers and update].
    5. Upon completion of the install, you can add OCR, web essentials, photosmart, etc.
    6. Next, try to run the version 13 install - again minimal software.
    7. Next add the OCR, photosmart, etc.