Thread: HP C309a All-in-One Going Offline Randomly

HP C309a All-in-One Going Offline Randomly

Friends i am using a HP printer model number C309 but when i try to give a print command it show me offline. My operating system is Vista 64-bit laptop, and i have connected with a wireless WRT54G router. i have done my laptop restart so many times but its still showing me offline mode. i have installed all updated HP software. tell me what to do when i send print command to printer and seems to be in offline mode.is there any problem with router drop the IP address from it's table?

please help me with my quires.

Re: HP C309a All-in-One Going Offline Randomly

I will try to suggest some process to solve your problems.first locate your Printers IP address and type that IP address on your internet explorer to see the internal settings of your printers. and now click on the networking tab and after this click on the witless and then chose IPv4 button. First see that your printer is on and click on the start button and go to control tab and click on Printer and Fax. Now click on the Add a new printer in the left side panel. take local printers , Create a new port and select Standard TCP/IP Port and click Next button. Under this Device i select TCP/IP Device. select your manufacture from the list and select your printer model number. and then click to next screen. if your model is not available in the list then install the install it by your HP cd came with your printer. If you are asked, use the currently installed driver.It will ask for the Printer name -- enter a new name or use the existing one. This will be the name of the printer that you select from other applications. You may be asked to share the printer. Make a choice and click Next. The Print Test Page box appears. Go ahead and print it. Click Finish.

are you using IP address outside the range? I am giving you some suggestion for you network problem. fiest print your network configuration page and see your IP address. Type the IP address in to browser to explore the internal setting of your printers. Go to the networking button and chose wireless from the left side then IPv4.on this page you have to set the manual IP address. Now you have to write an IP address outside the range of of your ruter. if you already informed about what it is, then set an ip outside that range but no higher than 254 the last number in the address. and if you have not informed then use the current IP address. for subnet use 255.255.255.0. gateway and DNS should be blank and now click apply. now turn off your router and printer and now on your router wait then start the printer.after doing all this you may need to "add a printer" using the diffrent new IP adress.

May be your driver of your printer is not installed properly on your computer.Try to find the new update of your drivers on the website of Hp. go to the website and search for your model number and download all available driver for your model number. after downloading your driver installed them on your computer or laptop then shutdown your computer and restart it again. if there was any driver problem it will start working.

when you make power saver mode on the printer is still connected to the router. For the printer model number C309a you have to make some settings in your commuter. find the printer in control panel and click on the Setup. now click the down arrow to make highlight preferences, and then press ok and now again down arrow to highlight preference and then click ok button. now click on the both down and up arrow to make highlight off and then press ok. if still the problem is not solved then you have to provide the u have to Provide a fixed ip address to your printer.

Sometimes when your turn your printer on energy saving mode OFF, it drops it IP address. this problem make great difficult to use this wireless printer for print command when u give any print command because when the printer get on again it already has no ip address to make connection to the router and it show offline mode. so make solve this problem we have to provide a fixed IP address to the printer.The combination of energy saving mode OFF and a fixed IP address should always help the printer's IP address from being dropped from the router's routing table.

I also have the same model number printer and was facing the same problem. But my problem was also with the IP address drop in power saving mode. You can check the internal setting of you printer by providing its IP address in your browser. Try to use fixed IP address and then it will not get dropped in power saving mode. You can also solve your problem by adding a new printer form control panel by providing a new IP address. Use the fixed IP address to that new printer to avoid the theses IP address drop problems