Thread: HP C6280 Change Default Scanning Folder

HP C6280 Change Default Scanning Folder

Currently I am using windows 7 as operating system but the problem is not related to the operating system or the computer system that I am using. Actually the thing is that I have recently bought a new scanner and for the scanning purpose software utility that is used is Photosmart Essential. It is true that I am a new user to the system hence I am facing problem in changing the default folder that is used for scanning. Hence I need help for that purpose.

Re: HP C6280 Change Default Scanning Folder

The solution for the problem that you are facing is very simple. For solving your problem you just need to go to setting and then scan settings and then find save to the file option that you are allowed to alter. I mean that you can easily change the location of the folder. If you have any other problem then let me know about that I will try to resolve that as soon as possible.

If you have any other problem then HP allows you to download the latest software for different devices. HP Solution Center is part of the download full version software and drivers. Proceed as follows to verify that this option is available for the device in question, download, and then reinstall the software and drivers. Turn on the device. Unplug all cables from the USB device and computer. Open a new window to navigate to the page Select software and drivers.

You can accept the default location for saving files. Click Next, then wait for the installation program to extract the files to prepare the installation. When you start the Setup Wizard, follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process. If you are prompted to specify the type of installation, HP recommends selecting installation recommended. In this way guarantees the installation of HP Solution Center with a possible application of optical character recognition (OCR), if supplied with the device. If you choose the Custom installation, read the description of each software component to avoid loss of functionality of the device is not intentional.

Scanning with HP Solution Center to capture an image or document, proceed as follows. Load the item to be scanned. The scan can be performed by scanning surface or from the automatic document feeder (ADF), if the product has one. Verify that the product is connected to the computer. Turn on the unit. Upload an image or document.

Open HP Solution Center using one of the following methods: Click the Windows, Then All Programs, select the folder and then click HP HP Solution Center. Double-click the HP Solution Center icon on the desktop. If there are several HP devices installed, click the icon located to the left of the device used for scanning.