Thread: Regarding the power supply of my system.

Regarding the power supply of my system.

I do not know if this is the right section to ask this, but whenever I start the system, by plugging the wire in the socket, the light in the CPU turns on, I have not yet pressed the power button of the CPU. When this happens, it does not allow me to start the system even if I press the power button of the CPU. At last I have to unplug the cable in order to shut it off. This has happened with my system many times. Sometimes it starts, but it gives the blink in the CPU, and then the blink goes off. After this it allows me to start the system by pressing the power button of the system.

I hope I have made myself cleared with the problem.

Re: Regarding the power supply of my system.

Are you telling that when you plug the wire in the socket then the motherboard led lights turn on? If so then the LED on the motherboard simply tells you that there is the 5 volt standby voltage on the motherboard. If the motherboard power supply turns on logic is working, when you hit the power switch its logic turns the remaining power supply rails on [5 volt main, 3.3 volt, 12 volt]. Check the temperature of the CPU as well as some reseating of the wires properly.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

Re: Regarding the power supply of my system.

My ultimate question is How can I start the PC when the LED of the CPU is on as soon as the CPU plug is plugged in. It does not allow me to start the PC. What is great about 5 volt standby voltage on the motherboard? I did not get this anyway. What kind of resetting of the wire are you talking about, can you tell me in detail?