Thread: HiMedia HD500B-TD media player

HiMedia HD500B-TD media player

I have a home theater system. I am right now using HiMedia HD500B-TD media player. This I had purchased before and it is really nice one. But now I want to upgrade to Windows 7 and I want to know that would this will be enough to fit my system. What are the other home theater system available right now which I can use. I also need help to choose a proper operating system for that.

Re: HiMedia HD500B-TD media player

It is fine to use this one. It has a 256MB of RAM and 512MB Flash for quiet better performance. But for a new home theater system especially if you are going to use Windows 7 then this will not be enough you might need to get a much high end player. It is good for Windows XP and for some movie support. How many DVD players have outputs VGA, DVI and HDMI. Not all, so you must choose appropriately.

A HTPC has certain components with certain characteristics, is specially optimized for DVD playback and allows you to enjoy a video far superior to that of a DVD player, even high-end. The fanless Media Center PC from SIZO silent systems provide for the relaxed and nice htpc. With your Media Center to your TV or surf the Internet, e-mail, as you wish to chat or play a game.

Generally a Media Center software is a visualization interface that centralizes all your media files. This gives you easier access to your collections of movies, music or images. The second principle is its ability to simplify the use of television with the EPG (electronic program guide) and the possibilities of recording TV programs arising. For Windows 7 I will recommend you to look for a good DVR.

I am using Media Center 2005 and is different from other software's. It is an operating system with the full software. The operating system is Windows XP, with Service Pack 2, the second CD has provided the Media Center. To access Media Center, you only have to press the green button on your remote control or access to the shortcut that is in the startup menu. It is also essential to understand one thing about your drivers.

The media player can just provide you support to play music and video. For a better quality you will need a higher resolution device. To add multimedia files (images, music, video) that goes directly from the interface without any use of a configuration utility, as is the case for almost all of its competitors. Just simply indicate the location of its files so that they are displayed in your interface.

It should also be noted that Media Center is provided free MPEG-2. To watch a DVD they need to install a codec or software such as Nvidia NVDVD or PowerDVD 6. At the price of software, Microsoft could have taken the trouble to include the codec. The interface is the great satisfaction of Media Center. She is beautiful, aesthetic and fluid. Icons are associated with the menu is the most beautiful effect.