Checking Boot CD_ROM

Boot CD ROM Type: CD-ROM/Floppy Emulation Booting
    Booting from Removable Media

Starting Windows 98
    Recovery is in process...
    MSCDEX Version 2.25
    Copyright Microsoft Corp. 1986-1995 All rights reserved

Drive: Q = Driver TOSCD001 Unit 0

Welcome to the Toshiba Recovery utility.

This process will restore the original default system install on your hard drive. etc. etc. etc.

By choosing OK, you are accepting the terms of the MS EULA that shows .....etc

F1=OK, F2=Cancel

Pressing Press F1 -- The Recovery is in process...

Then I found the Warning screen in this case :

Continuing with this process...etc etc etc

1 Ensure that the recovery CD/DVD is in the CD/DVD drive.

2 Keep the CD/DVD in the drive until you are asked to remove it.

If you do not want to erase the contents of your hard disc drive then press 'A" to abort

To continue press (C). To abort press (A)...[C,A]?

When choosing to go for the C computer back to the Toshiba splash screen and just loops endlessly via the above. I am not getting that the "Starting Windows 98" as the laptop get up with the XP Home. I considered that there might have been some error and issues with the recovery CD supplied so I entitled a new recovery CD but there is no changes at all. Please suggest me something ...

Re: Satellite M45 Recovery Issues

When you go the screen information as "Starting Windows 98"... Then you need to make sure that there is nothing going wrong. The process boots the Windows 98 and it launches the Ghost for the restoration of the image.

To continue press (C). To abort press (A)...[C,A]?

When using C computer comes back to the Toshiba splash screen and just moving endlessly via the above. There is something going wrong at this point of time . Since you used to go with two recovery discs, it should be within the hardware or the BIOS. I would suggest you to go for the reinstallation of BIOS.

In case, if I boot from the hard disk then I receive the Windows XP Home splash screen and the Welcome screen and then after it startted loading just a desktop background image and nothing else .

Starting in Safe Mode I can select a user (Administrator) and then it will load a blank screen with the following info at the top:

Microsoft (R) Windows XP (R) (Build 2600.xpsp1.020828-1920ervice Pack 1)

It was running within the local repair shop to get the Windows XP installation repaired for month before. Got infected with a worst search engine redirect trojan/virus and manymore have been running with the major issues since.

Starting in Safe Mode I can select a user (Administrator) and then it will load a blank screen with the following info at the top: Microsoft (R) Windows XP (R) (Build 2600.xpsp1.020828-1920ervice Pack 1)
    I need to get some more informatrion regarding the current woraround about the same what you are doing currently. Are you able to type out the same on the screen for loading the desktop?

Explorer

Can you come up with the Task Manager by issuing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc ?

I didn't got any response from the keyboard or touch pad. Thank you very much for the appropriate response for the same ; had the operating system reloaded just a short while before working with different mfg's OEM disc and then after loading of the drivers from the Toshiba disc. I am not completely sure why I could not be able to get the factory discs to go ahead . Glad the disc I ordered was "free".

I have finidshed the downloading of entire usual updates after all. Thank you veyr much again for the response; I would appreciate your help.

The laptop showing a widescreen display but in some cases, when I started to boot the same and it will boot as if the widescreen section and is not there and only work with a standard ratio leaving a black bar on the right hand side. It displays starting at the Toshiba splash screen and stays such as that all the way until it actually boots within the Windows XP. On other way, it will just become stuck at the Toshiba Splash screen. I can commonly find a successful boot with a normal running screen after some failed attempts and waiting for 15-20 seconds after shutting down.