Thread: How to set Express Card and RAID

How to set Express Card and RAID

Hello,
    I began to search among the SSD Express card-but great disappointment, I quickly saw that most of these jewels pasait by USB and not the pci-express, and even though it 's is not the case the writing performance is great. So I would like your opinion on something, would it be interesting to have an OS on a disk of this type. Or if you know better? But I worry the second size, that port-Express card can not only be mobilized for the DSS, and should therefore that I can also boot on my hard drive in the absence of DSS. To this I immediately think of a RAID 1, which would be completely software (I do not think the motherboard supports raid laptop-like material with linux but I think a RAID software can be bootable). But I do not know much about RAID, is this a RAID 1 between SATA and PCI-Express saturate the bus? Do you have any solution for this case. Thank you.

Re: How to set Express Card and RAID

I think this is quite simply change your disk to save a superior? that a less costly and will only motivate you two "not at all" your port Express card. I guess this will work for you. If you have any more queries then please post back. Thank you.

In the case of RAID 1, write on two discs the same as information security, the size of resulting disc will be the smaller one. So, 8 GB in your case. Are you sure you want that? The disc "traditional" high-capacity, two trays, 7200t/mn. You should already get a substantial gain. For me, SSDs are still too expensive and improved. Leave a little time, till then you can try a alternate solution.

For information I have a Western Digital Scorpio 250GB 7200rpm black. But I want to test the DSS. If you say it would be a really mediocre installer OS on a SSD-Express card with real arguments, but you do not convince me at all. Also I am looking for specific information asses on the RAID, so if you know even less than I do not bother to tell me what is read from anywhere. A raid with a software partition hard drive is quite possible. By the way thank you for your help.

It should certainly be able to boot the PCI Express but good from there to fully exploit an OS installed it, no idea. Even less to the achievement of a RAID 1, but hey it would mean that you exploit your 250GB only 64GB.

An ExpressCard SSD, it serves no purpose. In most cases, you got a USB stick in another format (so basically, it's no use), in the best case, you've got an IDE controller with a DSS behind, often legacy, therefore often slow and / or subject to freezes. Incidentally, it's super rare that the PC can boot from the ExpressCard and is super expensive. For your idea of RAID, except that it is not certain that it works with software RAID is not particularly manageable: each new disc will force you to rebuild the RAID and then losing a stupid time. The solution is either a SSD on the external eSATA (we lose not FRAP), using ExpressCard or via mobile phone if it is equipped, or to install an SSD in place of the optical drive but suddenly lose the DVD burner.