Thread: Keyboard/Boot Issues

Keyboard/Boot Issues

I am trying to go for the reformatting and installation of new operating system but I got some problems within this .While my system is getting started up, the keyboard is not functioning at all. When it boots from disk, the keyboard still not moving to work, and eventually the install just times out and it boots up commonly . As soon as it found the login screen and my entire connected devices are going fine without any issues .

I have tried 3 different keyboards, in both USB and PS/2. I should also note that my system never perform this before.

Re: Keyboard/Boot Issues

According to me, you are going through the wrong combination of devices and making some activities with the connection of devices that is causing the issue ...As per the issue, you received .. you are working with the USB keyboard, and then after when that got failed to perform then you are trying to connect a ps/2 connector with the USB keyboard... What you have to do is to just take a ps/2 keyboard and that will do the trick.

I haven't changed any device , nor dismantled the system anyway. It is in the exact same situation as it was when this keyboard was going good . The wireless bit performs entire connection by itself. The system just considers that it is a regular USB or ps/2 keyboard, based on which I have connected in. The system was off for near about two weeks, and before the same , it moved well in the bios and stuff. I don't have more explanation regarding this very issue.

Fine, I have misread but it is still in the same .. You are using to move into the BIOS to reformat but the keyboard is not functioning at all... yeah? That is because it is not getting detected until the operating system got booted up...so by connecting in with a ps/2 keyboard and it will be detected within the bios section and allows you to perform the commands that you required to rebuild the system..

I have just purchased a dynex keyboard (there is nothing seems fancy, just required a keyboard) and my system now will not boot past the COMPAQ logo at the start up procedure. If I move to disconnect the keyboard and reboot the system, it boots in the proper way and I am able to connect my keyboard in and it moves well . It is plugged with the usb port, and I am getting unable to work with an adapter because the normal keyboard port had been broken (that is why I purchased a new one keyboard) any suggestion regarding the same ? I am using Windows XP home edition ...