Thread: Keyboard keys mixed up

Keyboard keys mixed up

I have received a new hp laptop from uncle from the states, it was working good till last Saturday but suddenly the keys on the keyboard got mixed with each other.When i press one the function of other key get starts, as i press Shift + 2 i.e the symbol @ i got the symbol as ".Similarly when i press the shift +3 key i got the % symbol instead of the # symbol which comes when i press something else.please help due to these problem i an unable to mail anyone.

Re: Keyboard keys mixed up

As you have mentioned that you are not able to get the proper keyboard keys, there may be a problem that you have accidentally pressed the other combination keys to activate the alternate layout .To solve the problem just press the "ctrl" + "enter" at the same time.You will probably get the regular layout.Try these it works i also got the same problem last year.

There is a problem in your regional and the Language setting sections.To solve the problem just make chances in the Keyboard and the Languages tab to the "US". Also make chances in the Administrative Tab, change the language for the non-unicode program to "US". These always works, i have tried it for many people and it works all the time.

I changed the regional language and keyboard setting to the english (United states) and other changes that are mentioned above and i have recovered my keyboard keys back.It actually works i also told many people about these, thank you all for your valuable advice and will be thankful in future for your support.

if there is a problem in the keyboard so the best solution for that is insert the keyboard driver CD that you have got with the Keyboard at the time of purchase. Install the keyboard driver into the system and reset your system your problem of the keyboard will be solved. If the problem exists then you have to make changes in the Languages and keyboard section as English and the United states, just select them and try it.

There is a sure problem in your keyboard layout. First go to the Control panel then into the regional options and set the keyboard layout to match your keyboard. After that if the problem is still there then go to the system tray for the language bar. if you see two letters there like EN or FR try clicking it and choose another language. Try it out it works, I have tried it.

The keyboard mix up issue can be solved in the following ways, try all of them you might have any of the issue mentioned below:
    1.Install the keyboard driver.
    2.change the language/keyboard to the English and US in the control panel section.
    3.Change the layout i.e, the alternate to the regular one in the setting tray. Try all these any one of these will work for you.