Thread: Canon MP Navigator stopped working with scanner under Windows 7

Canon MP Navigator stopped working with scanner under Windows 7

I have installed the Windows 7 on my system. I have been using the my Canon Scanner Lide 200 with the previous version of the Windows and it was working fine. But when i am trying to use this with the Windows 7 it is not responding and giving the error :MP Navigator EX has stopped working. I have been uninstalled and installed the driver of the same but still not getting it work. Please help me with the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Canon MP Navigator stopped working with scanner under Windows 7

As per your problem it seems that you are having the problem due to the user profile that you are using. I will advise you to to log in as the different user and see whether it is working for you or not. I am having the same problem with the Windows 7 regarding which i have switched the profile and after that it started working so asking you to do the same.

Your user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to. It contains your settings for desktop backgrounds, screen savers, pointer preferences, sound settings, and other features. User profiles ensure that your personal preferences are used whenever you log on to Windows. If you tried to log on to Windows and received an error message telling you that your user profile might be corrupted, you can try to repair it. You will need to create a new profile, and then copy the files from the existing profile to the new one. Visit the link for solution of your problem.
    Microsoft

Did you tried uninstalling and installation of the driver? I think there might be the problem with the driver which might be not working properly with the system of yours. I will recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the driver for the Canon printer and see whether it is working with the problem or not. I hope this will help you.

I think you are going through the Windows 7 compatibility issue which is not supporting your driver. Most of the user of the Windows 7 are going through the same problem. To get rid of the same i will advise you to go through the installation of compatible driver. Download and install the latest driver of the Canon scanner and you will get the device of your working with the error.

If nothing is working with the issue that is Contact Microsoft regarding the issue which you are going through the and will help you with the problem with the "Canon MP Navigator stopped working with scanner under Windows 7". I hope that this will help you with the problem that you are getting with the same.

Open "My Computer"
    In the tools menu select Folder Options
    In the View tab in the Advanced Settings list under Hidden Files and Folders select "Show hidden files, folders and drives." then click Apply and OK
    Select your Local Disk (C and navigate to
    \Users\[User_Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Solutions. In the Network Solutions folder delete the file "My Web Sites on MSN" The scanner should work after that. Canon Tech Support does not know why that works. Only that it does.

The same aplies to Canon MX320 to!