Thread: Epson Stylus Tx111 driver wont install

Epson Stylus Tx111 driver wont install

Just bought an Epson Tx111 and the copy and scanner drivers are installed ok from the accompanying CD but not the printer driver. I'm on XP SP3.
    Disabled Norton Internet Security onboard and that did not help.
    Tried uninstalling all things Epson and reinstalled - no change.
    Tried downloading the latest driver from Epson - no change.
    Tried installing from Safe Mode - same problem. At the end of the install it says "The printer driver package cannot be installed", after it has gone through what seems most of the install process. If I allow the installer to look on the net for an upgrade driver during the install process I get this -
    Epson Tx111 cant install.png

As I said the printer is brand new and in the process of buying I had a CIS system installed and the 4 Epson carts were replaced by 4 CIS compatibles. They don't have a resetter though. Could that cause a problem with install? I know that when they setup the CIS it printed full colour OK. Only when I got it home and did a normal install [attempt] it wouldnt work.

I'd really appreciate any advice on how to get this driver happening. Thx

Re: Epson Stylus Tx111 driver wont install

Download the Printer Driver for Epson Stylus Tx111 from here. You can also try downloading other latest support features from this link & install. By the way have you checked to see if you have Admin Privileges under your account. Try doing some other things that require Admin access. I have seen profiles become corrupted and lose the ability to perform admin actions even though it is an admin account (hope that makes sense).

Hi ApPy10

have already downloaded the latest drivers from these sites and yes i now know i have Admin rights.

For those who don;t know how to determine if you have adminprivilages here's an easy way to find out -
    There is a very easy way to check if the current user has local admin rights in xp:

1. right click on start
    2. check if you have the option to "open all users"
    3. if it's there, you have admin rights
    Thx to FrankS

So I am still none the wiser how to ge tthis printer driver to work...but thx ApRy10

It might be possible that you are having bad sectors on your hard drive, so try to do a chkdsk by going in the properties - tools of the hard drive and reinstalling the cab files and then installing the printers driver again. Have you also tried converting drives from FAT32 to NTFS which might be able to fix the issue.

maestrofix Guest

Quote Originally Posted by idhazza View Post
    Just bought an Epson Tx111 and the copy and scanner drivers are installed ok from the accompanying CD but not the printer driver. I'm on XP SP3.
    Disabled Norton Internet Security onboard and that did not help.
    Tried uninstalling all things Epson and reinstalled - no change.
    Tried downloading the latest driver from Epson - no change.
    Tried installing from Safe Mode - same problem. At the end of the install it says "The printer driver package cannot be installed", after it has gone through what seems most of the install process. If I allow the installer to look on the net for an upgrade driver during the install process I get this -
    Epson Tx111 cant install.png

As I said the printer is brand new and in the process of buying I had a CIS system installed and the 4 Epson carts were replaced by 4 CIS compatibles. They don't have a resetter though. Could that cause a problem with install? I know that when they setup the CIS it printed full colour OK. Only when I got it home and did a normal install [attempt] it wouldnt work.

I'd really appreciate any advice on how to get this driver happening. Thx
    I have the same problem!!! Cant get it to work!!

maestrofix Guest

It worked before, on my computer, but my brother had it for some hours, after that, the printer doesnt work, cant install the driver. So really wonder what could be the reason. He tried it on his computer again, but then it didnt work on his computer anymore. Strange!! Someone must have an solution that works. For me it seems impossible to install the driver. I use win7. Tried everything..