Thread: HP LaserJet 1000 and OS X

HP LaserJet 1000 and OS X

I had added a HP Laserjet 1000 printer on my mac system. I need a bit help for choosing a right printer for my mac. I am getting this pritner for free and now this does not look so enough efficient. I had found very slow printing speed on this. That can be might be due driver issue. I am using this for temporary purpose and after that I am planing to buy a printer for my system.

Re: HP LaserJet 1000 and OS X

You can update the drivers fo the same and then check back. Try to get the disc for the same. There is driver cd which comes with every pirnter. Run the drivers from that and then check back again. The printer which you mention is nice and enough use for normal use. I am using Canon Selphy CP770 on my mac system. It is really a nice printer for heavy use.

That looks like a matterwith the driver support. Also check the connection of your printer and callibrate the same. Check your cartridge support also. On the other hand I am using Photosmart A826 which has an amazing feature, namely a screen that not content with being ultra-wide for a longer work. Passing through the screen interface, it will be possible to add handwritten text but also to choose among a variety of settings, filters and creative effects.

If you are planing to buy a new one then go for Canon Pixma iP100. This printer will suit those looking for a fast printer and it is quiet powerful. The printer also comes with accessories and you can use it as a card reader also. This device allows complete CDs support that is detected and you can store music, vacation photos, videos and more which makes this printer really unique.

You have to install the driver for OS X and the prinetr you are using. Do you have found the printer in the Chooser menu apple. Note that if your printer is not postscript, you will not have good results in print. I used a printer for OS 9 in Acrobat QXPress and I printed from Acrobat actually. You can also create a virtual printer which creates files and you can then convert the same to pdf.

Just connect your printer into a USB port of your system and check that the connection is proper. Afterwards turn on your printer. Mac OS X identifies your printer automatically and configures the dialog box for printer setup. In menu you can check the printer setup. Now go to the dashboard and then go in Printers and faxes which is in System Preferences. Here are displayed all printers connected to your Mac and networking.

It is not so hard to setup printer and callibrate the same in your system. You can also set the printer to pause or resume work. If your printer does not seem to want to print, there may be a task not carried out properly or blocking the process of printing your printer. Just go to this window and delete the task that blocks everything. From the printer option in Dashboard you can dd and remove the same. The button Printer Setup does the same.