Thread: Can i reinstall Leopard from Snow Leopard

Can i reinstall Leopard from Snow Leopard

I am interacting with the big issue here and going on with the Snow Leopard as I am unable to use my Canon LIDE 600 scanner and it happened whenever I opened this and received the message as "application quit unexpectedly'. One more thing, i need to discuss with you that I had issues with my HP5150 deskjet printer as Snow Leopard is having actual issues with the HP printers. Can I just insert my Leopard disk in the driver and perform the reinstallation of leopard to delete the Snow Leopard ?

Re: Can i reinstall Leopard from Snow Leopard

Unfortunately, you need to go for the Erasing operation and perform the Installation of the same if you don't have a backup previously . it states that the whole data has been lost now and you will have to begin from the scratch. I would suggest you to taking and making a backup first with the help of either Time Machine or SuperDuper so that you are able to import your data back in below the Erase and done the installation .

In case, if you are going to use the Time Machine specified to make the backup of all , will that also go for the backup procedure for the applications also ? I am just considering that I need to also remove and done the reinstallation of Leopard but I don't need to perform the reinstallation of my entire applications. If Time Machines generates the backup of the applications, how do I re-import them after Leopard is reinstalled?

If you have implemented the Time Machine in the operation of taking back up of your computer, you are able to recover your system’s components if your system or startup disk becomes corrupted .

• Connect your Time Machine backup disk with your system. If you are doing the restoration procedure of your system because of a issue with your startup disk then just be sure that the disk has been repaired or has been replaced.
    • Put your Mac OS X Installation disk and double-click on the Install Mac OS X icon.
    • From the Installer, select Utilities > Restore System from Backup.
    • From the Restore Your System dialog, click on the Continue button to go ahead.
    • Choose your Time Machine backup volume.
    • Choose the Time Machine backup you need to restore.
    • Now, go through the onscreen guidelines .

Thanks for your suggestions. My issue is that it consumes my iMac at least 30 seconds to perform the restarting and turn off now - where as when I had Leopard, it took literally couple seconds maximum . I have generated another thread for this but didn't got any replies after that . I have no idea about this if any of the updates can fix this process down or what but it's nerve wrecking. I didn't checked to make a clean installation - I have done just an upgrade. Even known as Applecare and their procedures didn't feasible either.

If you wanted to measure out and going to check out as well as speed up your start-up times, then you have to check up the System Preferences => Startup Disk and just make sure that 'Mac OSX, 10.6.x on Macintosh HD' is enabled in the selection and then perform a rebooting of system. This has worked for a several users who are having such type of issues regarding start up times on the Apple site .