Thread: MacBook Pro - Any way to override/disable the internal keyboard?

MacBook Pro - Any way to override/disable the internal keyboard?

The issue currently is that specific keys are intermittently not functioning at all such as (c, v, n, commonly bottom row). I can go through this with an external keyboard. However, the issue that I am unable to fix this out . The z key,that seems to randomly start repeating without being issued . I can move hours/days without a issue , but then have times when I am unable to type/do anything, because z continuously showing (or being detected (that z in "bezing" is an example!).

I wanted to ask that --Do you have any idea about the method through which I can have the USB keyboard override the internal keyboard when I connect it in (or to make disable the *^%&@%$#ing z key)?

Re: MacBook Pro - Any way to override/disable the internal keyboard?

Fine, it can be done and possible as well to make disable the keyboard if you exit up from the lid of your system and work with the external monitor as your monitor..But I am completely sure about this one....Just a guess...But it might be possible using the command line utility ...But as fresh guy for all these things with macs...I don't have a deep knowledge about the same .!!
    Otherwise a simple but not proper solution could be that you can move to Your Keyboard pref.s and disable the key repeatation using turn off section. So that 'z' would not keep on typing....

The title mostly states the entire history of all these things . I dumped a glass of red wine within my laptop and I required to be sure about two related things about the same - how much does this cost to transfer this in and have it repaired by Apple? And do you have any suggestion regarding making disable the keyboard, so I can go for the USB one and not have it repeat my e key into infinity? I am running with the Applecare, but this sort of thing, I think, isn't covered.

Initially,I wanted to say one things. Are you running within the AppleCare or not? If so,then you don't need to try any home remedies, just go for the straight way and the the nearest Apple Store. Now, if you are having any warranty or AppleCare,then it is simple to states that you have to remove the keyboard from your MacBook, and in the condition of the replacement from a number of places on the net. You also can Google this issue and can be feasible for both..

Chances are the red wine got much more than your keyboard have right now; this may have received on the logic board and or the hard drive of your system. You said well that applecare will not go upon all these things. I am not that the repair cost for this or if it would be more cost effective to have another system. According to me, your best bet is to have it is and also the apple provide you an estimate. Just querying for an estimate is free. However, before you are going to do anything other than that , I would recommend you to making a complete back up because the corrupt cause by the red wine could cause your system to choke at the exact point of time .

I am running with the issues below:

My cat love to have the warmth of my MacBook! When I work on my machine, it is lovable place to watch me is from on above point of the MacBook, commonly "using" the keyboard.

I need to ask one thing, how do I make it disable the internal keyboard without using to remove this out . I would be grateful if you have any suggestion for me.....

I am so sorry but there is no other method to make that disable the keyboard.

"open lid to allow air circulation."

It does not require circulation in this case. It can go ahead with the lid closed without any problem as the fans are tagged at different side of the machine and not obstructed when the lid is closed.