Thread: Weird buzz problem of Garageband with Zoom G2.1u

Weird buzz problem of Garageband with Zoom G2.1u

I am encountering a weird buzz problem of Garageband with Zoom G2.1u. The actual situation is that I am connecting my guitar to this Zoom G2.1u, which is connected through the USB. Thus, my guitar is connected to my system that is installed with Mac OS. I am new to this particular operating system. Previously, I was using Windows and did not get this issue. When I record something with the help of Garageband, I am able to playback the recording properly for the first time. But, after that, I get an unusual noise during the playback. Please provide some help on this situation soon.

Re: Weird buzz problem of Garageband with Zoom G2.1u

It seems that the recording or playback does not take place properly in any of the Mac systems. I am assuming this because I did get a similar problem while I was trying out some recoding with my organ using this same recording application. Changing to Windows did the track. I am not getting any such problems now. So, I think that you should also quit using Mac for working with your recording.

There is a possibility that you guys must be facing the particular weird buzz problem of Garageband with Zoom G2.1u because the application may be conflicting with the Mac operating system. This is because both of you have used the same application for trying out the recording. So, as a fix, another recording software can be tried out. There are many alternatives available in the market.

I have found out that the weird buzz problem of Garageband with Zoom G2.1u is caused only if the settings for the patch for zoom with the instrument and the computer is not proper. I used to get the same problem in my system running on the Mac operating system. Patching both, the instrument as well as the computer did the trick.

Thank you for providing all your valuable replies and suggestions on the weird buzz problem of Garageband with Zoom G2.1u that I am facing. Well, it is difficult to switch to Windows again because I have recently formatted my system and installed this new Mac OS.

Hey T.J., if you could have let me known about the particular settings that you had applied, then it would have been very helpful, as I do not know where these settings need to be done.

The weird buzz problem of Garageband with Zoom G2.1u was eradicated by changing the patch settings to Et. The setting for the patch that was previously done was Cb. Check out, if this is the same case in your system too. If yes, then that is the cause. Change the same as I have mentioned above and your issue will be successfully resolved.

I have done the patch settings as recommended by T.J. and the weird buzz problem of Garageband with Zoom G2.1u has been resolved now. Thank you T.J. for your help on this situation. I was very much worried on how to eradicate this issue. I always report my issues here and always get some solution on that. I am very much happy to be a part of such a useful community.

hi
    I have the same problem when you join g2.1u zoom to your computer using the window told me to buzz and when his father to film in Cubase le čjem what you first play and then after a small delay hear again what play you help me
    Last edited by gill88; 16-08-2010 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gill88 View Post
    hi
    I have the same problem when you join g2.1u zoom to your computer using the window told me to buzz and when his father to film in Cubase le čjem what you first play and then after a small delay hear again what play you help me
    I haven't used that specific model but what I have used Zoom wise didn't impress me. I ended up buying a Digitech RP1000 that I like a lot. I downloaded the Steve Vai pretests as well and loaded these into a new folder in the Edit & Play App. It comes with Cubase LE but I am no longer a Steinberg anything person. It can stay in the box in its little the plastic wrapper.
    Blessings to you