Thread: Multiple Games stopped working upon upgrade to Windows 7

Multiple Games stopped working upon upgrade to Windows 7

Computer specs:
    Model: Toshiba Satellite A505-S6960
    No modifications to hardware

When I upgraded to Windows 7 on release some games stopped working (Starcraft, Bioshock, Bioshock 2)

I ran a check for my drivers and found out my webcam was gone. I didn't check any of the others such as video because I decided to lay off the games for a bit however now I want to dig out Starcraft and play it and also make sure I have working drivers before Starcraft II comes out.

What happens with the games is that they run for a bit and all of the sudden crash, I didn't have this happen until after I upgraded.

I'm wondering if someone else had these problems after upgrade to Win7

Re: Multiple Games stopped working upon upgrade to Windows 7

Prior to Windows 7 which operating system you were using? After upgrading to Windows 7, did you try to reinstall the games that you were playing again on this new Windows 7 OS? Have you tried applying some patch or update for the games so that it runs smoothly? I would also recommend you to update the video driver of your laptop to the latest.

Prior to Windows 7 which operating system you were using?
    Windows Vista Home Premium, The extension of 7 is ultimate Btw

After upgrading to Windows 7, did you try to reinstall the games that you were playing again on this new Windows 7 OS?
    Yes I did, a few times actually, still had the same freezes in the middle of game play.

Have you tried applying some patch or update for the games so that it runs smoothly?
    I've checked Blizzard and 2K but both don't have any updates for Win7
    No updates from blizzard on StarCraft go figure, (They've been working on WoW more than anything, I can't believe I'm forking $60 over to them for a game that should have been out years ago.)

I would also recommend you to update the video driver of your laptop to the latest.
    Do you know anywhere that lists a complete list of Default drivers for each OS? I've been looking all over for a while on this one as well. :\ I never did think of making a list of them before the update to windows 7 in case of a crash until it was too late D:

I suppose, since there are no automated driver installation packages from Toshiba, you will need to go to the individual manufacturer websites and download + install their 32-bit Windows 7 drivers after you successfully install Windows 7. You can also try to manually download the drivers/ utilities from thier support site from here.