Thread: Computer Won't Recognize Speakers

Computer Won't Recognize Speakers

After doing a recent upgradation of the operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 7, I am facing an unusual situation that my Computer Won't Recognize Speakers. I am having a 5.1 Creative Speaker System, that used to work properly in the older operating system. I am not able to understand why there is a problem with it in Windows 7. Anyone having proper information related to this problem is expected to reply.

Re: Computer Won't Recognize Speakers

There is no need to worry of the Computer Won't Recognize Speakers. This is a genuine issue that all the new Windows 7 users face after upgradation. I am sure that you do not have proper audio drivers installed in your system. Thus, it is required that you install the same, that are required for working properly with Windows 7. I can assure you that your issues will be solved after that because I have faced a similar problem when I had upgraded to Windows 7.

It is always recommended that one must never do an upgradation of any operating system because the issues that are there in the older operating system may be transferred to the new one. There is a possibility that the Computer Won't Recognize Speakers because of this. It will be better if you format the system and install totally new files of Windows 7. Just let me know if the same problem persists.

According to me, there is a problem with the sound card and hence, it is conflicting with the motherboard. Hence, the Computer Won't Recognize Speakers. I recommend you to get a new sound card. If the warranty of the card is remaining, then you can exchange the same mentioning that the card has been corrupt. If the dealer does not accept for an exchange, then he will atleast do the repair of the card.

It seems that an internal setting is not done and this is resulting in the problem that the Computer Won't Recognize Speakers. Just follow the steps provided below for going about with the setup:
    • The Run prompt has to be started with the help of services.msc.
    • After that, select the Windows Audio Service.
    • If the option is set to 1, then you will have to change it to 2.
    • The particular audio service will be started in your system and your issue will be fixed.

I was facing a similar problem after I had done an upgradation to the Windows 7 operating system. Neither was there any issue with the sound card, nor was this an issue of the audio driver that I had installed. I then used the steps that has been provided by T.J. To my surprise, the problem was resolved. I suggest the ones encountering the same situation to go with the same method.