Thread: PIO DMA problems

PIO DMA problems

Recently my dvd burner Asus DRW-1608P is capricious. When I put it in DMA mode, the recorder is unable to read the contents of a CD or DVD. Even when I want to burn, Nero does not recognize my cd and dvd impossible to burn. However, when I put the drive in PIO mode, then it recognizes my cd / dvd and can read. It can also burn in PIO mode, but very slowly. Here I do not understand what is happening with the drive and DMA and pio different mode. In theory, in practice, we always use the DMA mode, either for or HDD drive. For my part, DMA mode does not work with my burner and it is extremely slow in PIO mode. It has always worked in DMA, but for some temp, it has freaked out. Can anybody solve PIO DMA problem?

Re: PIO DMA problems

I am also facing the problem but nothing works. I have also changed 40 and 80 son, nothing happened, uninstalled the IDE controller, unplugged, reconnected the drive, check in the bios, etc. The problem is always present. Sometimes I cannot even have to change the mode, it stays in PIO mode, cannot be changed. And when he finally DMA mode, and although it cannot detect cd / dvd, I have to put following in IOP. I sent a message to ASUS, I'm waiting their response. It is guaranteed and I cannot afford to buy another.

I think I'll hate Asus because of this drive. Well not seriously. This is what I did, step by step: There was no ASPI on my pc, just that of Nero, so, I installed the recommended version aspi 4.60. Draw. Then I uninstalled everything, Nero, aspirations, IDE controller. I unplugged all my readers, and the recorder. I reconnected the drive (connected to the middle of the water ide, thus slave jumper to slave. I lit the pc, win xp conducted the detection of additional devices, then I reinstalled ASPI v. 3.60 recommended. I inserted an audio cd and win xp takes lot of time to try to detect the cd and the finale, it tells me I / O error.

I test on my 2 pc from the beginning and it is the same problem on 2. Yesterday I bought a tablecloth round 80 IDE and nothing is the same result: And then, in the manual of my motherboard Asus P4P800 Deluxe, it recommends using a web player and not for HDD, so I gave a 40, but to no avail, nothing works. MDA does not work PIO ok but it's a way very slow. I begin to doubt any virus or Trojan that would spread to my 2 pc?

I was also facing the similar problem but mine was under warranty period, they have replaced it with the new one. But first I must know if this is not a trojan or a shit this guy makes a mess, because if it does well it'll use anything to return the recorder to sav. If your warranty period is not expired then I will suggest you to replace that thing with the new one.

Well, since it no longer supports the security that is exceeded (1 year), asus my intention to go through a site in partnership with them to download a form sav in XLS format, fill it, send a check for $ 15, with the invoice and the recorder. For then it checks the drive and makes its repair or exchange. I'm told it'll take months for whole story. So I thought it will better to buy the new one.

I often have problems reading CD (all types), or also burning with my Sony VAIO Centrino 1.6 GHz 512MB soon 2 years. The reader cd / dvd dual layer Sony DVD RW DW-D56A always seems Start slowly and sometimes tries to start them without success, so without inflicting blows to stop worrying until I terminated it manually eject the CD! Following what XP SP2 (Home ed) wades some time before back to his senses I think it is as a result of this phenomenon when it occurs, restart the PC was a slow, almost imperceptible, but very audible when I do play music or a video (recorded on the same HD).