Thread: DX58SO AHCI Raid SATA ports

DX58SO AHCI Raid SATA ports

As i was setting up the SATA ports but eventually one of my friend arrived and he told me that only sata ports 0-3 work in the Advanced host controller Interface (AHCI) mode and the remaining two sata ports are IDE only? I am confused a bit although my friend works in a technical field but i am confused a little bit. Anyone aware about DX58SO AHCI Raid SATA ports details if possible try to explain it in some details.

Re: DX58SO AHCI Raid SATA ports

There are atleast six independent Serial ATA controlled ports with different speeds. Out of which some of them have theoretically maximum transfer rate. Also some of the device can be installed on each and every port amongst the six serial ATA devices. Remember that the serial ATA controller ports can operate or work in all modes including the legacy modes and the native modes.

To be completely compatible with all valid DDR SDRAM memory stipulation, the board should be populated with DIMMs which support the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data structure. This will help the BIOS for reading the SPD data and program the chipset to accurately configure memory settings for optimum performance. If non-SPD memory is installed, the BIOS will make an effort to appropriately put together the memory settings, but performance and dependability may be impacted or the DIMMs may not work under the unwavering frequency.

I want to buy a SSD shortly. My choice is decided to opt 80Gb SSD Intel X25-M Is it sensible. Is there an adapter 3.5 'provided with Can it get any better for a budget around 200. Please help me in this situation i would like to know whether i have opted for the correct one also tell me the cost effectiveness of this device.

You have a very good choice because the SSD which you have selected is one of the best in its category. but it is expensive anyway. For the same price or not much more expensive, you have a Super Talent 128GB Ultradrive (I) or a G. Skill Falcon, which are very good in perfect. For the adapter, no, it is not provided. So be careful before purchasing.