Thread: Windows 7 support for Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller

Windows 7 support for Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller

I having a Dell Dimension XPS Gen2 machine which i am running with the Windows Vista. But the problem arise when i am trying to upgrade the operating system to the Windows 7. I am getting a error message while updating with the Microsoft i.e."Windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. Installation cannot proceed." I am using the Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller. Is it the problem of the compatibility with the Windows 7 and Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller. Please help me for the same.

Re: Windows 7 support for Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller

To check whether the Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller is compatible with the Windows 7 i will advise you to run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor which will run in your system and check whether system that you are running is having the compatibility with the same or not. So try the Windows 7 upgrade Advisor and see whether you are compatible for the Windows 7 or not.

I am searching for your query that you have asked about and got one documentation of the Intel site which is regarding the compatibility of the Intel Board with the Windows 7. I hope you have look on the same then you might be sure about the problem of your. Just download the below given attachment. Thanks.

I think that regarding your issue you should better contact the Dell and ask then whether they are having the compatibility with the Windows 7 on the Dell Dimension XPS Gen2 which you are using. If they are having the compatible software for the same then they will provide you the detail for the same. Hope this will wok

I will advise you to check the version of the Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller which you are using and driver of the same. Now after that just download the latest driver for the RAID controller driver and install the same in the system. Now again try to upgrade the system with the new driver might you will get it working this time.

I have gone through the Microsoft forum and searched for the same and come to know that the controller which you are using is not having the compatibility with the Windows 7 and that is why you might be getting this error. I will advise you to run the system with the upgraded controller and you will be able to get it work.

I have gone through the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and installed the same into the system and run it. After detecting the same it comes with the result that the Intel 82801ER SATA RAID Controller is not compatible with the windows 7. I have also contacted the Dell and they don't have the support for the controller which i am using.