Thread: HP TouchSmart tm2 Synaptics Touchpad Not Working

HP TouchSmart tm2 Synaptics Touchpad Not Working

I have recently purchased the HP TouchSmart tm2 and now i am having the problem with the Synaptics Touchpad which is not working. I have installed the different driver for the same but still no success. I have also performed the full system restore but did not got it working. So if any one can help me with the issue then please let me know about it. Thank you.

Re: HP TouchSmart tm2 Synaptics Touchpad Not Working

First thing that i wanted to ask you is let me know which operating system you are running in the HP TouchSmart tm2. So that i can find the better solution regarding your problem. I think this is the issue with the driver which is not working. Just get into the device manager and check whether it is visible and if visible then check property that it is working properly or not.

I am running the Windows 7 with the HP TouchSmart tm2 and as you have asked about the device status then let em tell you that the device manager is showing that the device is working properly. But when i checked the Mouse property and then to the device setting tab then the Synaptic touchpad is not listed there. I hope this will help you to find more solution of my problem.

It seems that you are having the problem with the driver only just do as i said in the below given step which might resolve your issue. So just go through the given step.
    • Click on Start
    • Hit on Run
    • Type 'msconfig' and hit enter
    • In the General tab select the "diagnostic mode"
    • Now reboot the computer
    • Again get to the General tab after restart of computer and then select Normal Mode
    • Then restart the computer.

Thats it!!!!!

I have gone through the step that you have asked me to do but let me tell you that after performing all the step properly i have not yet got any solution for the same. Still my Synaptic Touchpad is not responding with the device of mine. So if possible then let me know some working solution for the same so that i can work with the issue of mine.

After performing the above step if still no success then let me tell you that there is one more thing that you can do. Now you go to the Mouse property from the Control Panel then you will found then synaptic device into the Synaptic Tab. Just get into the option of the same and adjust it to working. Hope this time this will work.

If all the replies are not working for you and you are still having the same problem then let me tell you that it is better to contact the Manufacturer of the device regarding your issue which you are going through. In your case i think that HP is the manufacture so contact them and get the solution of your problem.