Thread: Gigabyte H55 and Core i3 530: audio problem via HDMI with dual display

Gigabyte H55 and Core i3 530: audio problem via HDMI with dual display

I have recently installed Intel Core i3 530 processor on my computer having Gigabyte H55 motherboard and 4 GB ram. I have dual screen setup and when I connect both the monitors, I am unable to hear anything. I tried using single monitor and everything works as expected but not is dual display. I tried installing the latest drivers but nothing worked at all. Do you know what the problem is?

Re: Gigabyte H55 and Core i3 530: audio problem via HDMI with dual display

Reconfirm what is the default sound device in your computer. I am also using Intel H55 chipset motherboard on Windows 7 computer and dual display. I had also faced a similar problem on my board. In my case, the default sound device was analog. I changed it to HDMI from the control panel.

I recently installed Windows 7 on my computer and installed the drivers that came with the motherboard. I have "Realtek Digital Output" in Control Panel. I didn't changed anything. I still get no audio over the HDMI connection. The 6.12.0.180 update seems to have fixed the problem for me.

I checked everything and is up to date I suppose. I think it is not possible to have two digital display and digital sound at the same time. I think Core i3 can only handle 2 digital processes at a time. So you can have either two digital screen or one digital monitor and another digital sound at a time. I suppose I have to installed another card to get this.

No its not like that, you can have HDMI audio with dual display setup. The only thing that is difficult to get is HDMI itself. According to me you need to stop using 2 connectors at the same time. The only solution that comes to my mind is that you should have 1-3 HDMI storage device. Try connecting DVI on your computer's HDMI connector, then to the splitter. Thus you will have HDMI audio on both your screens.