Thread: I send a print job to the printer and nothing happens

I send a print job to the printer and nothing happens

I am having printing problem with my HP LaserJet 1018 printer. I have already sent a print job to the printer but nothing happens. When I go to Pinter and Faxes folder, I can see the print job to be loading, on status it says it is printing but then nothing happens. I tried all the methods I was aware about but nothing solves my problem. Can you help me in this matter?

Re: I send a print job to the printer and nothing happens

I suppose that's because of drivers, either it is corrupted or it is lost. If you have installed recently something (probably Windows update) than it might not be compatible with it and so causing you this problem. Try downloading the latest print driver from the HP web site and see if this helps.

This may happen due to changes into your operating system; you probably have updated to new operating system or installed the new service pack which is causing you this problem. The old driver that you are running may not be either compatible or facing problem while performing printing jobs. You can either remove and reinstall the current drivers or visit web for some newer updates.

I am also having a similar problem as you but with emails. I am unable to print any files came in attachments in my email. I am having Lexmarkx1180 printer. I have tried checking the connections of the cable, checked all the settings but nothing seems work. I also refilled my cartridges of printer but still the same. If you find the solution to your problem then kindly forward me the same.

There are many ways to solve the problems:
    1. Check if the ink cartridges are filled or not.
    2. Make sure you can print something. To do this go to Printer and Faxes, select your printer, right click on it and select Properties. Click on Print Test Page.
    3. Remove the existing installation of the printer and reinstall it once again.
    4. Consult with HP support team and get their assistance in this matter.