Thread: HP LaserJet - "12 Printer Open Or No EP" Error

HP LaserJet - "12 Printer Open Or No EP" Error

I have HP LaserJet IIIP printer. My problem is whenever I try to use the printer I get "12 Printer Open Or No EP" error message. I have tried removing and reinserting the cartridge but nothing happens. I even tried this printer on another computer but nothing happens, same problem reoccurs.

Re: HP LaserJet - "12 Printer Open Or No EP" Error

This happens usually because of the small capacitor on the intensity board. You must just remove the screws at the back of the printer and also at the top of the printer comes off revealing the little circuit board. Replace the capacitor with one that has a higher voltage of 30 volts or greater. This should solve your problems.

You can receive this error on HP LaserJet IIP, IIP Plus, IIIP, 4P or 4MP series printers. This can occur if your printer is not closed properly, or if the print cartridge is missing, broken or defective, or the cooling fan is not working. Make sure the printer is closed properly. Then check if you cartridge is present in proper location, it isn't broken from anywhere or is defective. Have you tried using another cartridge to see if it works.

Thanks for your help. As I already said that I have removed and reinserted the cartridge, so it should be the missing problem. However if you say then I will check my printer with another cartridge to make sure if the cartridge is faulty. By the way how can be the cooling fan could create the problem? I am unsure about this but anyways lets see what happens with another cartridge.

That was just an assumption, however there is no particular reason for getting this error. This error message could even occur if you connect your printer into a 120V power supply although it needs 220V to power up the device. In any case, if you are unsure about anything what assistance then you can contact with the HP support team or the printer supplier. That is the only option which is left with you.